image.png
image.png

Device Manager is showing me the following:
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
(Software Update doesn't help)
Temporary workaround to get the sound working is to update SST OED driver from Windows Catalog:
image.png

Driver would be updated to version 10.24.2694.200 even though I get the following error below:

image.png
image.png
image.png
(driver error still there)

But now my sound is back (even after reboot):
image.png
image.png

However, since this is a temporary fix, how do I fix it properly?
19 REPLIES 19

Liviu
Rising Star II
I will get back to you once I get to use it. It's currently in use in a conference call.

Meanwhile, another thing you could try is to disable and remove again the ISST driver, and then, install it from here:
C:\eSupport\eDriver\Software\Driver\DCH\Offline\Smart Sound\Intel\iSST_DCH\
These are the backup stock drivers that come with the laptop.

puzzeld
Star II
Liviu

I will get back to you once I get to use it. It's currently in use in a conference call.

Meanwhile, another thing you could try is to disable and remove again the ISST driver, and then, install it from here:

C:\eSupport\eDriver\Software\Driver\DCH\Offline\Smart Sound\Intel\iSST_DCH\

These are the backup stock drivers that come with the laptop.

View post

a. Removed Intel SST Audio Controller and Intel SST OED from Device Manager:
image.png
image.png

b. Run Install.cmd from C:\eSupport\eDriver\Software\Driver\DCH\Offline\Smart Sound\Intel\iSST_DCH\10.23.0.2672\14076 in PowerShell
image.png
image.png
c. Rebooted the computer
Unfortunately, problem with no sound stays that same.
image.png
image.png

For some reason the driver always reverts back to version 10.23.0.2796
image.png

I'm going to try Reset the OS again and try last step again.

puzzeld
Star II
Reset OS Done and now trying to install Intel iSST v 10.23.0.2672 from C:\eSupport\eDriver\Software\Driver\DCH\Offline\Smart Sound\Intel\iSST_DCH\

a. Rest OS
image.png

b. Notebooks status after OS Reset:
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

c. Disable and Uninstall Device:
i. Intel SST OED
ii. Intell SST Audio Controller
image.png
image.png

d. Running Install.cmd from C:\eSupport\eDriver\Software\Driver\DCH\Offline\Smart Sound\Intel\iSST_DCH\10.23.0.2672\14076 in PowerShell
image.png
image.png
e. Rebooted the computer
f. And again, exactly the same result: No sound and no input/output device
image.png
image.png
image.png

puzzeld
Star II
And now this:
image.png

Liviu
Rising Star II
That's a nasty bug you've got there. In fact, for this laptop there were and still are quite few ones that should have been addressed.
Firstly, the 308 BIOS locks the overclocking capabilities of the processor, which defeats any purpose of owning the HK processor version. This is not Asus fault, it's Intel's, but for the money we spent for this version, they should find a solution to this. Then, there was the webcam gray and green lines issues - that they fixed with the 308 BIOS update,
Now, there is the IR camera issue. Nobody tested it in dark condition. Basically, the IR is not functional.
Then, there is the driver issues, drivers that If you install them in another order (order that is not specified in the laptop manual or in the drivers webpage), some components will break, like the screenpad. Finally, if you move away from the stock OS, meaning doing a OS installation, other than the stock OS, you lose some software functionalities, like the software for the 2nd screen. It becomes just a 2nd screen, without the menu and the tweaking capabilities, and many others.