image.png
image.png

Device Manager is showing me the following:
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
(Software Update doesn't help)
Temporary workaround to get the sound working is to update SST OED driver from Windows Catalog:
image.png

Driver would be updated to version 10.24.2694.200 even though I get the following error below:

image.png
image.png
image.png
(driver error still there)

But now my sound is back (even after reboot):
image.png
image.png

However, since this is a temporary fix, how do I fix it properly?
19 REPLIES 19

puzzeld
Star II
Liviu

Since we both have the same laptop, can you help me by checking this issue? It exists on both my UX581GV laptops and if it's something that affects everyone, asus should provide another bios update to fix it.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/39208/ir-camera-doesnt-work#latest

View post

I think that you are absolutely right that Asus needs to fix this problem ASAP.
We purchased 5 machines for our people in graphics department but I cannot put them into the production until those problems are fixed. I will wait till the Nov 29 for the fix and if it does not happen then we will return those notebooks to the point of purchase. Just in case and in the meantime I will look for the alternative notebooks from different brand.

Liviu
Rising Star II
You should completely uninstall the old SST drivers before going with the 2nd Solution.

puzzeld
Star II
Liviu

You should completely uninstall the old SST drivers before going with the 2nd Solution.

View post
Okay. Here is what I did then:
a. Uninstalled Intel SST OED device from Device Manager
image.png
image.png
b. Run the Install from PowerShell again as per Solution 2
image.png
c. Rebooted the computer
However, that did not work either:
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

d. So, for the next step I decided to remove both:
Intel SST Audio Controller
Intel SST OED
image.png
image.png
e. Run the Install from PowerShell again as per Solution 2
image.png
f. Rebooted the computer

Unfortunately, with the same result. No sound.
image.png
image.png
image.png

Liviu
Rising Star II
That is a strange behavior. I also had the same issue after updating the driver using the ones from Asus driver page. For me, it worked the first solution with uninstalling and reinstalling from device manager. I tried it several times to get it right thought. Then I installed a newer version using the second solution.

Here is the driver details of my 2nd UX581GV laptop that is untouched, meaning has the stock drivers.

screenshot-2020-11-01-201702.png

puzzeld
Star II
Liviu

That is a strange behavior. I also had the same issue after updating the driver using the ones from Asus driver page. For me, it worked the first solution with uninstalling and reinstalling from device manager. I tried it several times to get it right thought. Then I installed a newer version using the second solution.

Here is the driver details of my 2nd UX581GV laptop that is untouched, meaning has the stock drivers.

screenshot-2020-11-01-201702.png

View post

Can you post the Intel SST OED driver version from the computer that is giving you problems, please.