image.png
image.png

Device Manager is showing me the following:
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
(Software Update doesn't help)
Temporary workaround to get the sound working is to update SST OED driver from Windows Catalog:
image.png

Driver would be updated to version 10.24.2694.200 even though I get the following error below:

image.png
image.png
image.png
(driver error still there)

But now my sound is back (even after reboot):
image.png
image.png

However, since this is a temporary fix, how do I fix it properly?
19 REPLIES 19

Liviu
Rising Star II
Solution 1:
Uninstall Intel SST from device manager, restart, go back to device manager and search for hardware change and it will automatically reinstall it.

Solution 2:
Search for the latest Intel Smart Sound Technology SST OED and Audio Controller drivers on Microsoft Update Catalog site (Intel media 2020 ms catalog search).
Extract the .cab (with winzip or similar) in a directory. You'll notice that it's the same layout as if you're extracting the zip file from Asus website. So, I just grabbed the zip files from the Asus website, then extracted it and picked the pnputil.exe file with the Instal.cmd file and dropped it in the extracted .cab directory from Windows website. Then I ran Install.cmd 🙂 (as if I were installing the Asus one).
Install.cmd is a generic script from Asus that invoke pnputil.exe and install any INF file in the same directory.
Kind of Tutorial from @darktears31.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/72640#Comment_72640

Liviu
Rising Star II
Since we both have the same laptop, can you help me by checking this issue? It exists on both my UX581GV laptops and if it's something that affects everyone, asus should provide another bios update to fix it.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/39208/ir-camera-doesnt-work#latest

puzzeld
Star II
Liviu

Solution 1:

Uninstall Intel SST from device manager, restart, go back to device manager and search for hardware change and it will automatically reinstall it.

Solution 2:

Search for the latest Intel Smart Sound Technology SST OED and Audio Controller drivers on Microsoft Update Catalog site (Intel media 2020 ms catalog search).

Extract the .cab (with winzip or similar) in a directory. You'll notice that it's the same layout as if you're extracting the zip file from Asus website. So, I just grabbed the zip files from the Asus website, then extracted it and picked the pnputil.exe file with the Instal.cmd file and dropped it in the extracted .cab directory from Windows website. Then I ran Install.cmd 🙂 (as if I were installing the Asus one).

Install.cmd is a generic script from Asus that invoke pnputil.exe and install any INF file in the same directory.

View post

Thanks Liviu for the the reply.
Solution 1 does not work for me.
a. Uninstalled current Intel SST OED from Device Manager
b. Rebooted the notebook
c. I clicked "Scan for hardware changes" in the Device Manager
Here are the results:
image.png

image.png
image.png
image.png

puzzeld
Star II
Liviu

Solution 1:

Solution 2:

View post

As for the Solution 2, it looks like it does not work for me either:
a. Downloaded Intel Media v 10.25.0.4114
image.png

b. Extracted .cab file to a folder with 7 zip.
c. Downloaded Intl iSST from MyAsus app:
image.png
d. Extracted its content to a folder
e. Copied Install.cmd and pnputil.exe from SmartSound_DCH... folder
image.png
image.png
f. and pasted the to the extracted Intel Media .cab file folder from Microsoft Catalog
image.png
g. run Install.cmd from PowerShell (Administrator Mode)
image.png
image.png
h. Rebooted the computer
Here is the result:
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

is your procedure any different from what I'm doing above or did I miss something?