This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG 3 - 0.98 Update Made Display Worse - Green tint bleed - System Wide Issue

makesus
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG 3 8 GB 128 GB
Firmware Version: 0.98
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Firefox, VLC, Entire Phone!
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
First I am a graphic designer and I know what color accuracy is and how it should be. Suffice to say I got this for gaming and doing work due to its high powered processors.
Now on to the issue:
Steps to reproduce:
Set the refresh rate to 144 Hz - Now look at the navigation menu buttons color - Mine is Green!
Only on 60 Hz they become normal.
youtube. com/ watch?v=xcJtL7QggTI
Now another more troubling issue:
Set the refresh rate to anything! Auto or 60 Hz too are fine.
Fetch any video from YouTube and play it with VLC. I tested with Sony 4K
Now play this on Firefox and use desktop mode. Use 4K res if you want for clarity to see the difference.
Now, even before the "Sony" logo appears, entire screen goes green. Only option here is to reduce brightness significantly. Again, this is not a ideal solution as video becomes darker and black crush worsens.
Hope that someone is taking our feed backs seriously.
I am from India. We don't often buy such expensive stuff just to see your hard earned money go wasted like this.
5 REPLIES 5

Aman89053
Rising Star II
makesus

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus ROG 3 8 GB 128 GB
  2. Firmware Version: 0.98
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Firefox, VLC, Entire Phone!

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

First I am a graphic designer and I know what color accuracy is and how it should be. Suffice to say I got this for gaming and doing work due to its high powered processors.

Now on to the issue:

Steps to reproduce:

Set the refresh rate to 144 Hz - Now look at the navigation menu buttons color - Mine is Green!

Only on 60 Hz they become normal.

youtube. com/ watch?v=xcJtL7QggTI

Now another more troubling issue:

Set the refresh rate to anything! Auto or 60 Hz too are fine.

Fetch any video from YouTube and play it with VLC. I tested with Sony 4K

Now play this on Firefox and use desktop mode. Use 4K res if you want for clarity to see the difference.

Now, even before the "Sony" logo appears, entire screen goes green. Only option here is to reduce brightness significantly. Again, this is not a ideal solution as video becomes darker and black crush worsens.

Hope that someone is taking our feed backs seriously.

I am from India. We don't often buy such expensive stuff just to see your hard earned money go wasted like this.

Asus ROG 3 - 0.98 Update Made Display Worse - Green tint bleed - System Wide Issue
They r not doing anything..I tried commenting here alot but nothing happens as usual so I stopped.
First time in my life i regret buying a phone.
ROG 4 will face the wrath .

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi makesus,
Thank you for reporting. Let me get back to you on this.
Do note:
With the ROG Phone 3 having the World's first 144Hz AMOLED HDR display, we are consistently improving the display performance after each and every major software update.

kpetrov
Star III
I have green tint on 144hz since day one. On 60hz and 90hz looks much more accurate. They are doing nothing to improve their shit. Premium phone ???? Bullshit!

makesus
Star II
@ARP_ASUS
I understand that you're working on the case but at such price point it is not acceptable. Also who's the manufacture of display? Flipkart says sAMOLED. Is it true?