BlackAs
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Rog3
Firmware Version:.98
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi @Gustav_ASUS I noticed in that fota update .98 you added support for VoLTE for an Indian carrier, what’s the reason you can’t do this for the Australian ones ?

cheers
Adam
53 REPLIES 53

xihe
Rising Star II
realistix

Hopefully VoLTE can still be added. I doubt adding VoLTE has anything to do with sales of the phone, it's literally a few settings added to qualcomm modem and ROM. It's probably more a case of something not thought about. Do the JB Version come with WW Rom or a local variant? If JB is selling phones without VoLTE (especially to the market that is likely to buy a ROG) they would see 99% returned I imagine.

View post
VoLTE is a simple root away if you really want to enable it. You just have to find your carrier settings and modify the EFS partition.

Pav
Star III
xihe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/128727#Comment_128727

VoLTE is a simple root away if you really want to enable it. You just have to find your carrier settings and modify the EFS partition.

View post
The problem with that is the average user won't want to do it for the risk of losing warranty or messing up their phone.
They'd and even most of us here would rather keep our phones stock and not have to change it every time there's an update.

BlackAs
Rising Star I
Yeah I just want the little toggle button that say VoLTE in a FOTA update, I’m not jacking my phone don’t know enough about it to do that I’m an average user 😆

BlackAs
Rising Star I
Both JB and Harvey Norman are selling them I got mine from Harvey Norman. I absolutely love this phone for what I use it for just want to still be able to game while I’m talking to the wife on the phone and I can’t do that cause it takes it out of 4G every time I’m on a call 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️😫😞

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
cheetah2k

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/128113#Comment_128113

Long story short - Asus don't care

View post
That's a bit unfair, don't you think?
@realistix "It's literally a few settings added to qualcomm modem and ROM" is simplifying it, since it makes no mention of testing, QA and everything else that goes into the process.
As I've said before, I understand your frustration and I'm following up internally to see if anything can be done. (Though I hope you understand that I can't make any promises.)