cr7ayan2020
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Thank you team asus for the fast fix...just got the new fota
screenshot-20200928-213815055.jpg

77 REPLIES 77

Yuran
Rising Star I
Thank you Ronald.
Well although through video the perception is not the same, I believe that it feels pretty smooth and snappy.
My phone unfortunately when it lags it really lags and at 60hz its horrible. Will try to post a video as soon as possible.
What I do not understand is why the Rog 3 behaves totally different. Always keeps up its fps synced with refresh rate, its a totally different experience.
Will try to post video from my laggy 60hz rog 2 plus a video from rog 3 at 60hz too for comparison.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Yuran

Thank you Ronald.

Well although through video the perception is not the same, I believe that it feels pretty smooth and snappy.

My phone unfortunately when it lags it really lags and at 60hz its horrible. Will try to post a video as soon as possible.

What I do not understand is why the Rog 3 behaves totally different. Always keeps up its fps synced with refresh rate, its a totally different experience.

Will try to post video from my laggy 60hz rog 2 plus a video from rog 3 at 60hz too for comparison.

View post
No problem @Yuran . I am definately not playing down the issue you are having.

Yuran
Rising Star I
Hello Ronald, just a small treat, a video from Asus Rog 3, look at how different it is! Astonishing fast and smooth in the transitions, back and forth and the vsync tester always almost 91fps. Believe me that 90.200 is very different from 90.800. And it never drops, like your screenshot for example. You also have 65 fps at 90hz and 90 fps at 120hz and really i might sound crazy but this is not right. The phone is suppose to keep its fps synced with the refresh ratez only this way it achieves the smoothness intended. what is the difference between asus rog 2 and 3? snapdragon 855 and 865? Please not much of a difference in terms of power. Even the Oneplus 5t for example (which i own) is faster and snappier at 60hz. Maybe I am crazy but i see these differences (smoothness, reflections), UI drags, the animations drag. Asus Rog 3 is totally different for better. I already opened a case with Asus and I will go all the way to the end 😁
I will prove my case downgrading it to A9 Pie and perform the same tests. If on Pie the behaviour is fps and refresh rate synced than it prooves not a hardware fault but a software issue ans Asus needs to fix it.
Look at the video please from Asus ROG 3 😁