This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint rog3 doesnt work after repair at asus service center

Gia
Star II
I just take my rog 3 at asus service center and when i was at the service center i forgot to check the fingerprint sensor then when i checked it at home the fingerprint doesnt work, any solution? . Here the screenshot. Thx a lot
screenshot-20201027-185150876.jpg

19 REPLIES 19

Gia
Star II
Christine_ASUS

Hi Gia

The issue is solved in the latest firmware version WW-17.0823.2009.98, kindly update your firmware to the latest version and further checking. Thank you.

ROG Phone 3_ZS661KS_WW_17.0823.2009.98

View post
Thx for ur reply, but Ive updated it but still didnt work

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Gia
Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
A. How did you installed the firmware V98? By manual update or auto update? Can you provide me the screenshot of your current firmware version?
Settings>System>About Phone>Software information>Build Number
B. Please try the following steps to access recovery mode for the Factory Reset.
0. Try to back up your data with USB cable. If you can not access the phone, please check if your google account or microSD card have auto backup your data. 
1. Power off the phone, then keep pressing "volume down key"
2. Press "power key" and stop press " power key" once you feel the vibration. Still keep pressing "volume down key".
3. Stop press "volume down key" once you enter [Android Recovery] Screen
4. Choose "Wipe data/factory reset">"Yes"
5. "Reboot system now"
#Hardware Reset Guide
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1006346/
Please note that once the steps are completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.
C. If the issue remains the same, please check your inbox and provide me your SN, IMEI, RMA no. for further checking.

Gia
Star II
Now im on 99, just updated last morning this day and i updated it automatically.
Here it is the screenshoot about my phone
screenshot-20201103-224954407.jpg

ZT-8c695f93
Star I
I have the exact same problem as gia. I got my device back from the service center yesterday and the fingerprint scanner is showing the same message pls help

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II