BlackAs
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Rog3
Firmware Version:.98
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi @Gustav_ASUS I noticed in that fota update .98 you added support for VoLTE for an Indian carrier, what’s the reason you can’t do this for the Australian ones ?

cheers
Adam
53 REPLIES 53

cheetah2k
Rising Star II
Asus just too lazy to implement VOLTE here in Australia. They simply don't care..

cheetah2k
Rising Star II
Gustav_ASUS

@BlackAs

Long story short, VoLTE has to be negotiated and approved for each carrier and model. In some cases, this can be a time-consuming process and will differ between countries and carriers. It's also a question of market size, which is why you will see some budget brands with VoLTE support. (Since they sell a bunch of cheap phones.)

View post
Long story short - Asus don't care

BlackAs
Rising Star I
I’m hoping that’s not the case and @Gustav_ASUS has put the gloves on and is knocking some heads in marketing and development for us 😄😄😄😄😂

cheetah2k
Rising Star II
BlackAs

I’m hoping that’s not the case and @Gustav_ASUS has put the gloves on and is knocking some heads in marketing and development for us 😄😄😄😄😂

View post
Doubt it. The fact is, the ROG 3, like the ROG 2, there simply isn't enough handsets sold here to justify adding support. Speaking to a friend of mine in JB Hifi, they've sold around 35 handsets Aus wide to date... so. umm. yeah......

realistix
Rising Star I
Hopefully VoLTE can still be added. I doubt adding VoLTE has anything to do with sales of the phone, it's literally a few settings added to qualcomm modem and ROM. It's probably more a case of something not thought about. Do the JB Version come with WW Rom or a local variant? If JB is selling phones without VoLTE (especially to the market that is likely to buy a ROG) they would see 99% returned I imagine.