This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.98 has no black crush fixes?

Craven
Rising Star II
I read the changelog and it's absolutely disappointing. Apparently, they did some fixing but it's not focused on the most prevalent ones.
26 REPLIES 26

Craven
Rising Star II
Craven

I'm doing a factory reset with this update. Will share results later.

View post
Results here: Updated to .98 and did a factory reset afterwards. Updated all my apps to the latest versions and did some battery drain tests. Here's what i observed:
Positives:
1. SOT battery usage has been slightly improved. Tried to drain my battery yesterday from 100% to 0% and it help up pretty well. In order to maximize battery usage, Flashlight was enabled the entire time while I was letting a YT video play at 100% brightness but at 15% speaker volume since i was trying to sleep and the SOT I got was around 9-10 hours (Flashlight was disabled at 15%).
2. Battery drain when phone is idle is reduced. For comparison, i had 1% battery drain/hr while i was on .78, now, .98 uses around 1%/2.5 hrs. It could do better since .58 had an even lesser battery drain, around 1%/3 hrs. It would be great if the next update could achieve this again.

Negatives:
1. Black crush still remains and is even worse. The factory reset didn't help at all. Now I'm also noticing that the brightness in YT sometimes shifts a bit when i close or open a video. Small amount of pixelations everywhere. Overall, viewing experience is garbage and i feel like I'd rather go to my Zenfone Max Pro M1's screen when watching videos.
2. Red tint isn't fixed.
3. Slow charging still doesn't work. Don't suggest me fixes, that's not the point. Slow charging should work even without users applying the fixes manually.
Mods, you said there will be a follow-up update this week, when is that and what's included in the release notes?

Craven
Rising Star II
devicentextian

the colors in .98 change actually, but the black crush still noticable to 40-0% brightness

View post
Not just below 40, now I'm getting it even at 100%.