This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.98 has no black crush fixes?

Craven
Rising Star II
I read the changelog and it's absolutely disappointing. Apparently, they did some fixing but it's not focused on the most prevalent ones.
26 REPLIES 26

Pav
Star III
They've definitely worked on it and it is better now than before but it's still there and they would need more time to work on it to completely get rid of the issue.

devicentextian
Rising Star II
the colors in .98 change actually, but the black crush still noticable to 40-0% brightness

momentkampretoz
Star III
update 98 is still there, try checking the youtube video frame / gallery in a dark place, play the brightness from 0 to 100, slide slowly, or open the camera in a dark place, you will see it, especially the front camera video

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Craven

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/127935#Comment_127935

1. Black crush reduced.

2. Battery drain when idle fixed.

3. Slow charging not working fixed.

4. Red tint on low brightness fixed.

These are the forum's most prominent concerns and i had hoped that the devs were working on them since it was taking them so much time to prepare. Yet, they totally focused on the wrong things with this update. I might even consider this update as "irrelevant" as i experience none of the issues mentioned in the .98 changelog.

View post
We're making further tweaks to the display with new firmware updates. We believe there are still improvements that can be made.
We haven't noticed any noticeable changes to battery performance after 2008.78 and the logs I've collected so far have not been able to show anything strange.
We're aware of this and our developers are looking into it.
This is connected to my first point.
As a general note, please remember that the changelog does not include every line of code that's been changed. Also note that just because something isn't included in a new FOTA, doesn't mean we're not working on it. (Or are aware of a specific issue.)
Thanks,

nishantmankar_n
Star III
Gustav_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/127949#Comment_127949

1. We're making further tweaks to the display with new firmware updates. We believe there are still improvements that can be made.
  2. We haven't noticed any noticeable changes to battery performance after 2008.78 and the logs I've collected so far have not been able to show anything strange.
  3. We're aware of this and our developers are looking into it.
  4. This is connected to my first point.

As a general note, please remember that the changelog does not include every line of code that's been changed. Also note that just because something isn't included in a new FOTA, doesn't mean we're not working on it. (Or are aware of a specific issue.)

Thanks,

View post
@Gustav_ASUS Hope you guys give us the better update soon! This is all about the display and display is the heart of mobile!
We users are not happy with the last update because everyone hope for better update since from long time! We also understand that the Asus is still working on it but the most important thing is why @Asus not giving any official statement about it or something announcement so that user cannot struggle on Zentalk! Asus is aware but not saying anything!! This is the pain point.