This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus dont you dare to forgot ZenPads!

survivor303
Rising Star II
I have a ZenPad 3S 10 (Z500KL) tablet and it is great but why oh why you Asus dont release Android 10 to it? just why?
Or at least be fair and make a rooting tool to your tablets that we who can, can flash something else to it, we own the device anyhow and it wasn't cheap at all.
3 REPLIES 3

Aryan202
Community Legend I
survivor303

I have a ZenPad 3S 10 (Z500KL) tablet and it is great but why oh why you Asus dont release Android 10 to it? just why?

Or at least be fair and make a rooting tool to your tablets that we who can, can flash something else to it, we own the device anyhow and it wasn't cheap at all.

Asus dont you dare to forgot ZenPads!
Just did a quick Google search
So apparently your model was launched in 2017 with android 6 marshmallow
Asus's general support cycle for its devices is 2 major android updates that would be nougat and Oreo for your zenpad and 2-3 yrs of security patches
So all in all your Zenpad is way past it's support cycle don't expect any official support from Asus now as it's more than 3yrs old now
And did you check if Asus has an official unlocking tool for your tablet?
Check XDA for questions regarding development maybe

survivor303
Rising Star II
there isnt any xda work on the tablet because we cannot unlock it.
I understand that asus dosnt support somewhat 200 euros tablets more than one or two versions but when we are over 400 euros, then priority has to change.
Asus can do something with this problem and offer that unlock/rooting tool for its android devices no matter what.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi survivor303
For Pad-type models, there will no longer be any system updates and maintenance. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for your understanding and support.