BlackAs
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Rog3
Firmware Version:.98
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi @Gustav_ASUS I noticed in that fota update .98 you added support for VoLTE for an Indian carrier, what’s the reason you can’t do this for the Australian ones ?

cheers
Adam
53 REPLIES 53

nuccio
Rising Star I
I'll add my voice for wanting VoLTE in Australia as well. Voice quality without it is pretty bad and it would be good if Asus could do something about it.

BlackAs
Rising Star I
Hi @Gustav_ASUS i just finished talking with Optus technical support and they said any device in Australia can use VoLTE it’s fully enabled on all the OPTUS sims and the network. I explained how you just did a FOTA update for an Indian carrier to enable the handset for VoLTE and they suggested I ask you to do the same for OPTUS.

cheers
Adam
cd05d65d-e496-4f34-84de-6d323c36051c.png

Pav
Star III
Same with Telstra, All they need is to put the settings in the rom and it will work.

A few years back they used to have to approve each model to use the network or they would block it but that hasn't been around for over a year now.

BlackAs
Rising Star I
Yeah I don’t get it would be like releasing a v twin motor bike in Australia but only enabling 1 cylinder and have it compete against regular twins 😞

nuccio
Rising Star I
Really should not be any reason then for Asus not to activate VoLTE for our phones in Australia.