This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Zenbook network adapter stopped working, microsoft could not help, intel could not help

catoberk
Star I
System: ZenBook UX461FN_UX461FN
Battery or AC: both
Model: UX461FN
Frequency of occurrence: always
Reset OS: yes
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Suddenly zenbook stopped connecting to the internet. On device manager said could not connect. Code 10 Uninstalled, reinstalled driver, no luck. Intel tried to help me no luck, as did Microsoft. Both said it is an ASUS problem. Did hard restart as well. Please help. I need my internet. Worked okay until the end of September.
13 REPLIES 13

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello catoberk,
May I have a screenshot of the error message?
Is Ethernet working? or both Ethernet and Wifi is not working?
Please kindly check if your BIOS is up to date as well.
Thank you.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
catoberk

System: ZenBook UX461FN_UX461FN

1. Battery or AC: both
  2. Model: UX461FN
  3. Frequency of occurrence: always
  4. Reset OS: yes
  5. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:Suddenly zenbook stopped connecting to the internet. On device manager said could not connect. Code 10 Uninstalled, reinstalled driver, no luck. Intel tried to help me no luck, as did Microsoft. Both said it is an ASUS problem. Did hard restart as well. Please help. I need my internet. Worked okay until the end of September.

ASUS Zenbook network adapter stopped working, microsoft could not help, intel could not help
error 10 means system driver is corrupted or missing from system32 folder.
if you have mobile phone, use usb thetaring in mobile phone it will acts as a Ethernet , you can connect to internet, then uninstall the intel wifi device driver', update the driver using windows update.
record video using mobile and upload in online storage paste the links here

dwollsch5615
Star I
I have ah the same exact problem which all started after the windows update of the newer intel driver . Hard re-boot is the only way to get it up and running again but is will not hold and is unstable so I loose connection to wifi again. Help is needed from Asus on this one and intel has no solution i guess.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
dwollsch5615

I have ah the same exact problem which all started after the windows update of the newer intel driver . Hard re-boot is the only way to get it up and running again but is will not hold and is unstable so I loose connection to wifi again. Help is needed from Asus on this one and intel has no solution i guess.

View post
Hello dwollsch5615,
May I know which model you are using and have a screenshot of that intel driver update you mentioned?
Thank you.