Quarter
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Grey lines and green flicker on webcam when using AC power
Model: UX533FD
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

Last edited by Quarter on 2019/12/9 09:37 As described above, the webcam image has grey lines and occasional green flickers. This only occurs when AC power is plugged in, everything works perfectly when using battery. I have removed and re-installed drivers with no success. This is a brand new laptop that I removed from the box yesterday. I see that there are two other questions with the same issue, but no answer has been provided. Is this a hardware issue and do I need to return my laptop or is there a software fix?
294 REPLIES 294

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
hacopt2

Hi Blake, I'm having the same issue on my ProArt Studiobook Pro X webcam (grey lines and green screen flickering when plugged in). Installed the latest bios updates available on their site, but made no difference. Can you please help me fix this issue? Thanks

Model  ProArt StudioBook W730G5TV_W730G5T

BIOS Version/Date   American Megatrends Inc. W730G5TV.205, 9/25/2019

View post
Hello hacopt2,
The new BIOS 300 of your model will be released soon on the website directly.
I will keep you updated.
Thank you.

tldube
Star I
Blake_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/126727#Comment_126727

Hi,

With your professional, we expected more understanding of this issue from you .....but seems like we need to explain a lot more to you than others.

Also, what are the models you have ?

It is an issue with specific Intel CPU platform (I'm sorry it's old one, not new).

There is higher electricity interference to the camera, which is pretty normal and can happen on any laptop and does not actually affect the camera or laptop function. By simply and slightly changing one variety in BIOS, it will lower the interference, but of course, it's a trade-off, to keep balance between the interference and higher performance.

Also, all models affected had been sold for a while, with BIOS updated many time. But it was not until this year that we received larger amount of feedback requesting to adjust this issue, and I think we both clearly know why.

And clearly in this tread, I have been providing the new BIOS, and our support website has been updating as well.

Thank you.

View post
I'm not gonna dig through 15 pages of forum to dig for a solution. It should be exposed on the first page or in a dedicated article. Especially considering the amount of feedback you have received regarding this issue.

The things is, the issue is quite obvious. How did it pass through your quality processes? The way I see it, you guys were aware of the issue and decided to ship anyway. Now, pick up your loose ball and pull a few laptops from your inventory and fix the damn issue yourself. I'm not gonna waste time listing all of our laptops spec when we own over 100+ Asus laptops. There are 15 pages listing the same problem where the customer did YOUR job and you're still looking to pull more information... Sounds like a giant waste of time to me, especially considering the amount of money we've been pouring into your products. The least we can expect and is well tailored solution as some of these models were produced over 2 years ago.

I was expecting more support from Asus but you seem to be on the defensive. We are on the verge of buying another brand of laptop as recently, Asus decided to remove the webcam on a large array of products. We can hardly understand that change with the current COVID and work-from-home situation.

It has became a laughing stock when I call a supplier as they all now recommend not to buy Asus products for that very reason. But go, keep insulting your dedicated customer and put your head in the sand... If we all ended up here with that issue and no solution in hand, you should probably question your delivery methods. If you expect everyone to go through the 15 pages of forum just to find a solution then you're just doing lazy support; buying time and not putting the effort exposing the solution in a dedicated article like most companies would do.

You seems to be aware of the issue and which models are affected... what's holding you guys from creating a dedicated solution page for this? With proper SEO, it would save you, me & everyone else a lot of time in the long run. As a support professional, you should know that basically only 1 person out of 23 will reach out to report the issue. The 15 page of threads is only the tip of the iceberg.

Hi,
Exactly same problem here. Brand new ASUS laptop, model UX392F. I'm uploading a short video of the problem but basically is similar to other ones already in this thread.
Is there any software solution for this or I will have to ask for a refund?

I totally agree with user tldube comment: if there is a solution, why don't you post it on the first page instead of navigating the 15 pages thead?
Thanks.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
juanmanuelgimenez

Hi,

Exactly same problem here. Brand new ASUS laptop, model UX392F. I'm uploading a short video of the problem but basically is similar to other ones already in this thread.

Is there any software solution for this or I will have to ask for a refund?

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/DCGHHX2JCJAP/t-video4956478511117238577.mp4

I totally agree with user tldube comment: if there is a solution, why don't you post it on the first page instead of navigating the 15 pages thead?

Thanks.

View post
Hi,
BIOS 305 has been released in July,
please update.
officialsiteThank you.

lia_sakinah
Star I
@Blake_ASUS Hi! I'm having the same issues on VivoBook S15 X530FN_S530FN. Is there any specific workable solution on this? Thank you.