ROG 3 suffers from heavy black crush issue

Cpz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:QKQ1.200419.002. WW_Phone-17.0823.2007.25
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):netflix,amazon prime india ,youtube(little bit)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have brought device August 12 ,2020 through flipkart first sale at 6auhust. I was very happy until i open netflix ,it has vert bad black crush issue even at full brightness ,in 50pecent brightness colour washed out heavy black crush issue is this hardware or software issue??anyway im just gonna refund ....but i asked some of YouTubers they have none issue ,but for fellow customers only have this😓. I decided to live with this but some of units have no issue why i wanna live with this issue for years so i try to get refund and but 12gb varient.
In YouTube crush issue is little low when compared to netflix and amazon prime ,rather than that this dev is beast 😍
I have noticed heat in aero active coller side(40°to43°) always while playing pupg at 90hz,balanced,extream . although I'm staying in AC room 22°c all time!

screenshot-20200814-161049930.jpg
img-20200813-wa0011.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-46-11.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-44-38.jpg
img-20200813-wa0012.jpg

993 REPLIES 993

zickyzz
Star II
Hey I just got the phone today. Global version. I can still return the phone and lose 200 dollars. I updated to lated version and notice the blacks are aids. So hard to see anything in low or even high brightness. It's funny how I search to see if it was just me and discover there's thread. To the looks of it , it might be a hardware problem and I don't think this could be fix by software. What should I do, keep the phone or return it and lose 200 dollars out of 1000 dollars I spend. It's pretty pathetic that this is an issue for a flagship phone, even the speakers where a bit of disappointed that the pixel 3 xl sounded a bit clearer and loudness.

Noix
Rising Star II
zickyzz

Hey I just got the phone today. Global version. I can still return the phone and lose 200 dollars. I updated to lated version and notice the blacks are aids. So hard to see anything in low or even high brightness. It's funny how I search to see if it was just me and discover there's thread. To the looks of it , it might be a hardware problem and I don't think this could be fix by software. What should I do, keep the phone or return it and lose 200 dollars out of 1000 dollars I spend. It's pretty pathetic that this is an issue for a flagship phone, even the speakers where a bit of disappointed that the pixel 3 xl sounded a bit clearer and loudness.

View post
I have this phone since launch and the problem is still not fixed, I don't believe they will fix this and I'm going to exchange this phone for another brand .

zickyzz
Star II
I guess I will never ever buy another Asus product, I have there rog screen and GPU and motherboard. Never ever again

It's sad it been over 3 months and they can't even release the phone in Canada. I am shamed for my self for falling for this bullshit. I did some research before buying but I guess all the reviews are paid reviews

himverma2012
Rising Star II
Saifuddin

https://youtu.be/2J7xlDH4QkA

Between 1:32 to 1:36 there is colour shift from grey to black in this video which is not happening and staying grey only on rog 3 even after .98. Update

Compare with another amoled and you will know the major difference

If you notice the bad colour when comparing then comment in this thread

View post
Mine changing from gray to black at specified time. Checked it on auto refresh rate and 144Hz as well

himverma2012
Rising Star II
IDK why the users are commenting $#!t here in the forum. My display issue was resolved to a greater extent with .70 update. I always leave my refresh rate at auto, not because of black crush but because of the battery life. It's not a hardware issue, check the YouTube video on black crush by one of the user here. It's an evolving tech and since even the tech giants like Google and Samsung haven't sorted out how to correct the gamma shift with refresh rate at each brightness level, you can't expect to have 100% solution. If you think other people are stupid except you then I'll be more than happy if you could do some research and come up with a technology to sort this problem. I can assure you that Google and Samsung will be willing to pay you for that discovery.

And if you seriously hate this product then it's better to sell/return it and buy some other product instead of ranting here.