This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera is remarkablely Bad in Rog 3. Still needs lots of improvements.

snakenathan
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog 3
Firmware Version: latest WW india
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: always.
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Very veru very Bad Camera. Not even a valuable resale...
4 REPLIES 4

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
The main lens is excellent, the macro camera is quite nice and the ultrawide is mediocre.
Learn how to use a camera and you'll have a good camera, have no clue how to use it, you'll have a bad camera.

Fredrik910402
Star III
p-20200823-201422.jpg
Bad camera? I Love it !!!! I have ofc used lightroom to fix brightness

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
fredrik910402

p-20200823-201422.jpg

Bad camera? I Love it !!!! I have ofc used lightroom to fix brightness

View post
Quite the beautiful place

mohammed98221
Star III
snakenathan

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: rog 3
  2. Firmware Version: latest WW india
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: always.
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Very veru very Bad Camera. Not even a valuable resale...

Camera is remarkablely Bad in Rog 3. Still needs lots of improvements.
p-20201027-152906.jpg
img-20201027-152912.jpg
Top pic is using stock camera and bottom pic is gcam. Both using main lense and no night mode on. I have taken hundreds of pics and in general colours, contrast and white balance are better with gcam. Although gcam has its quirks and is not as reliable as I would like.
Use gcam if you're not happy with stock camera app. In my experience the stock camera produces decent pictures 6 out of 10 times. Whereas, gcam seems to be more like 8/10. The camera is not bad. You can always get decent pics but it may take you a few attempts.
Of course, your idea of what a decent pic is may be very different to mine. I've been comparing it to Pixel phones and iPhone 11. It has a decent sensor sans OIS, that is let down by software. It can produce bright and vibrant pics in good lighting conditions.
The camera is not the focus of this phone. I like lots of things about this phone but I also like being outdoors and taking pictures. I may sell the ROG phone in the future if I miss my Pixel. But for now gcam fills the gap (mostly).