jasonwch
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi, I discovered wifi reception issue since yesterday. There is no change in my house at all, and router also no change. But all of sudden, my ROG PHONE 2 cannot take wifi signal in my room (which is working fine before yesterday night)
Then i try to do a WiFi test using ASUS diag tool and seems it's showing problem.
Can someone help to do the diag and see whether i lost 2 antennas out of 4 (there should be 4 wifi antennas in our ROG PHONE 2)
enter diag tool by go to calculator app, type .12345+=
the choose wifi test (need to have 5Ghz hotpot to test, i.e. another Android phone tethering 5Ghz wifi)

screenshot-20201027-095849026.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

ronald1985
Community Legend I
jasonwch

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

Hi, I discovered wifi reception issue since yesterday. There is no change in my house at all, and router also no change. But all of sudden, my ROG PHONE 2 cannot take wifi signal in my room (which is working fine before yesterday night)

Then i try to do a WiFi test using ASUS diag tool and seems it's showing problem.

Can someone help to do the diag and see whether i lost 2 antennas out of 4 (there should be 4 wifi antennas in our ROG PHONE 2)

the choose wifi test (need to have 5Ghz hotpot to test, i.e. another Android phone tethering 5Ghz wifi)

wifi antenna issue
Mine is showing 2, the same as yours but green. Do you get green when you go near the router?
The other thing to try is turning off GPS, Mobile Data and Bluetooth except for Wifi to rnsure it is not interference.

jasonwch
Rising Star II
Thanks, it's the same result after i turn off bluetooth and location.

Just to add, 2.4Ghz wifi is ok, just 5Ghz wifi reception bad

jasonwch
Rising Star II
this is from wifiman app. the hotspot mobile phone is putting aside. The first one in green is 2.4Ghz network which is normal. second is 5Ghz hotspot putting aside my phone
screenshot-20201028-074658077-1.jpg

Shivam_Dahiya
Zen Master I
jasonwch

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

wifi antenna issue
I'm too facing similar problem after going through the wifi test , what is happening can someone please tell us.