cr7ayan2020
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Thank you team asus for the fast fix...just got the new fota
screenshot-20200928-213815055.jpg

77 REPLIES 77

Yuran
Rising Star I
Scrolling on Chrome

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Yuran

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/344EBOFCCXM8/20201024-125420.mp4

Scrolling on Chrome

View post
I must admit, I didn't see much stutterring in the first video where you was going through the menu.
If the animation doesn't concern you that much, you can go to Developer Mode and change the values for Windows animation scale, Transition animation scale and Animator during scale to 0.5 to see if it helps.
Apart from that suggestion, the only thing I have left to suggest is to perform factory reset and try going through the test you did with no apps installed. If it works, then when you come to install the remaining apps, be sure to make notes of what you installed so you can refer back to them if it happens again.
Ensure you have the apps up to date from Google Play Store too.
Enabling Developer Options
If you don't have developer options, do the following:
On your phone, go to Settings - About phone - Software information
Tap Build number at least 5 times (it will show number of taps left as you are tapping on the screen)
Go back to Settings - System
You will now see Developer Options

Yuran
Rising Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/127048#Comment_127048

I must admit, I didn't see much stutterring in the first video where you was going through the menu.

If the animation doesn't concern you that much, you can go to Developer Mode and change the values for Windows animation scale, Transition animation scale and Animator during scale to 0.5 to see if it helps.

Apart from that suggestion, the only thing I have left to suggest is to perform factory reset and try going through the test you did with no apps installed. If it works, then when you come to install the remaining apps, be sure to make notes of what you installed so you can refer back to them if it happens again.

Ensure you have the apps up to date from Google Play Store too.

Enabling Developer Options

If you don't have developer options, do the following:

• On your phone, go to Settings - About phone - Software information
  • Tap Build number at least 5 times (it will show number of taps left as you are tapping on the screen)
  • Go back to Settings - System
  • You will now see Developer Options

View post
Hello Ronald, many thanks for reviewing my case. Regarding the animation options inside the developer options, I also tried it before. Its the same result. The transitions and scrolling between menus and apps lag a bit. As you suggested I guess I will have to perform a factory reset and work my way up app by app until the lag shows up again. Look at this new video and how snappy it is after a reboot!

Yuran
Rising Star I
So I have performed a factory reset and unfortunately the behaviour is the same. I did 2 resets, through the software options as well as through the recovery. After a while the phone lags, it cannot keep up with its fps. Take a look at the videos (vsynstester.com). At 90hz it should be 90 fps steady and it cannot keep up. After a reboot its all good, smooth and fast. (Please note that on both videos de fps drops a bit due to the video recorder app). Still after a reboot it keeps up on 90fps with 90hz but after a while it drops to 70's
If you guys do not have this issue, then my phone has a hardware fault, what do you think?

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Yuran

So I have performed a factory reset and unfortunately the behaviour is the same. I did 2 resets, through the software options as well as through the recovery. After a while the phone lags, it cannot keep up with its fps. Take a look at the videos (vsynstester.com). At 90hz it should be 90 fps steady and it cannot keep up. After a reboot its all good, smooth and fast. (Please note that on both videos de fps drops a bit due to the video recorder app). Still after a reboot it keeps up on 90fps with 90hz but after a while it drops to 70's

If you guys do not have this issue, then my phone has a hardware fault, what do you think?

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/Q9WXON5J065L/after-reboot.mp4

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/U56YHNWTG1HF/before-reboot.mp4

View post
Do you have a PC? If you do, I guess you can do a little digging to see the cause of the issue (so he thinks). The idea is to identify any processes running which are resource hungry.
XDA has a nice guide in doing the installation:
How to quickly install and use ADBAfter performing the installation steps, type in: ./adb.exe shell top
This will show you the usage of cpu ordered by the highest first.
If I had the same issue, I would have helped doing this.