This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Cetra type-C power consumption is a bit much.

Craven
Rising Star II
My ROG Cetra earphones are using way more battery than i expected. I tried leaving them connected to the phone overnight with ANC turned off and it still used up around 10-15% of the battery. Is it possible that the devs could maybe do a few tweaks to the system so that the earphones could use less power when idle? I like keeping it connected to the phone while i sleep because i have loud, obnoxious neighbors that play garbage music early in the morning and having the earphones already connected means i can just plug them in my ear holes and use the noise cancellation feature so i can continue sleeping.
6 REPLIES 6

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
I don't mean to belittle your problem, but are we just talking about the extra work of connecting your earphones to the USB-C port when you wake up? I'm guessing that takes you a couple of seconds tops.
I'll check with the team if they think something is off with the power consumption, but my recommendation is that you simply unplug the headset before going to sleep.

Craven
Rising Star II
Gustav_ASUS

I don't mean to belittle your problem, but are we just talking about the extra work of connecting your earphones to the USB-C port when you wake up? I'm guessing that takes you a couple of seconds tops.

I'll check with the team if they think something is off with the power consumption, but my recommendation is that you simply unplug the headset before going to sleep.

View post
I've done that. By the time it's unplugged, I'm less sleepier than 5 seconds ago and the drowsiness just goes away. I like falling asleep to ASMR and waking up when I'm already half asleep just to unplug the earphones kinda defeats the whole purpose. Same goes when i try to plug it back in the moment my neighbors start being noisy in the morning. It's plugged in but then I'm already half awake.