Quarter
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Grey lines and green flicker on webcam when using AC power
Model: UX533FD
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

Last edited by Quarter on 2019/12/9 09:37 As described above, the webcam image has grey lines and occasional green flickers. This only occurs when AC power is plugged in, everything works perfectly when using battery. I have removed and re-installed drivers with no success. This is a brand new laptop that I removed from the box yesterday. I see that there are two other questions with the same issue, but no answer has been provided. Is this a hardware issue and do I need to return my laptop or is there a software fix?
294 REPLIES 294

hacopt2
Star I
Hi Blake, I'm having the same issue on my ProArt Studiobook Pro X webcam (grey lines and green screen flickering when plugged in). Installed the latest bios updates available on their site, but made no difference. Can you please help me fix this issue? Thanks
Model  ProArt StudioBook W730G5TV_W730G5T
BIOS Version/Date   American Megatrends Inc. W730G5TV.205, 9/25/2019

daudsalaad
Star I
Please help,
I recently purchased a Zenbook UM431D - I love the laptop but when I pause a video on youtube the picture becomes screen..

Do I need to return it and ask for replacement?

Thanks
Dee

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
daudsalaad

Please help,

I recently purchased a Zenbook UM431D - I love the laptop but when I pause a video on youtube the picture becomes screen..

Do I need to return it and ask for replacement?

Thanks

Dee

View post
Hi,
apparently you are talking about a different thing.....
please kindly open another thread.
thank you.

mrtlod
Star I
Blake_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/126720#Comment_126720

Hello mrtold,

Please kindly share a video record of the issue.

Thank you.

View post
here is a video where you can see camera shut down as soon as it flicker. when entering in setup it does seem to work but always shut down itself . Not only on zoom but skype, messenger and every other program that want to use web cam online !!

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
mrtlod

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/126732#Comment_126732

here is a video where you can see camera shut down as soon as it flicker. when entering in setup it does seem to work but always shut down itself . Not only on zoom but skype, messenger and every other program that want to use web cam online !!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/SUSEJ1HNA5X6/video-1603768817.mp4

View post
Hello mrtlod,
Thank you for the video. It seems like it is not the electricity interference that this thread was talking about.
May you check if you use other software, like skype, google hangout or the built-in camera app, does this issue happened?
If you can open another thread to discuss your issue would be great.
Thank you.