cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Crush explained ( Rog3 / OP 8 )

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
youtube.com/watch?v=8EoRnfA1cK0
Here is an explanation as to why black crush is happening and how Asus can fix it. It also explains how this is NOT a hardware defect even with an example.
I hope this will clearify a great deal and that you guys need to stop spreading weird nonsense like its caused by high refreshrate screens, hardware defect or that asus cheaped out on displays. Just chill a little bit and let asus fix it, and Asus you need to stop the hotfixes, it's seriously doing more damage than good.
Hope to see much less black crush topics as it's really getting old by now.
82 REPLIES 82

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/127101#Comment_127101

Also for few users according to my knowledge temperoray solution to fix this is

" Increase warmth of display and turning up contrast to full will surely eliminate black crush try it "

M just guessing but no problem in trying GO FOR IT 😉

View post
Tried it but didnt do anything for me at least.
Oh and before I forget, if possible you can tell the team to use Batman 2021 trailer on youtube as a "benchmark", honestly the black crush on that particular trailer is by far the worst, I think if that trailer runs without black crush it's more than likely 95% fixed at the very least.

skailash2001
Rising Star I
Take a look at this video. A lot of black crush here too. https://youtu.be/0yRxvTntN7g

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
nightmaster552

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/127103#Comment_127103

Tried it but didnt do anything for me at least.

Oh and before I forget, if possible you can tell the team to use Batman 2021 trailer on youtube as a "benchmark", honestly the black crush on that particular trailer is by far the worst, I think if that trailer runs without black crush it's more than likely 95% fixed at the very least.

View post
M just a common 5z user not moderator or anything but dont worry ASUS knows this so i dont think they should be bothered hereby but they are trying there best with what they can so here nothing can be done apart from patience and future FOTA'S😊
Thanks!

Kebby
Star I
@nightmaster552 Great work on the video!. Just wanted to know if you could confirm whether you faced slight color shift on switching through each refresh rate 60-90-120-144 hz. My theme is normal i.e white notification shade. When i switch between various refresh rates via the toggle button in the quick menu i can notice little color shift with every change in refresh rate. Though 1+8T has only 60-120hz but I didn't notice any color on that while switching between refresh rates.

Kebby
Star I
Kebby

@nightmaster552 Great work on the video!. Just wanted to know if you could confirm whether you faced slight color shift on switching through each refresh rate 60-90-120-144 hz. My theme is normal i.e white notification shade. When i switch between various refresh rates via the toggle button in the quick menu i can notice little color shift with every change in refresh rate. Though 1+8T has only 60-120hz but I didn't notice any color on that while switching between refresh rates.

View post
@nightmaster552