This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volte for Australian carriers (not good news)

realistix
Rising Star I
I received an email back from ASUS Australia regarding VoLTE for Australian carriers. Reads as follows:
"They have advised that at this stage no VoLTE scheduled for certification, we are pushing to have telco's test and approve on future phones. Until these newer devices come in and are certified, VoLTE will not be available for ROG Phone 2 and 3. Feedback has been noted and will be relooked at for future certification to see if these models can be tested, updated, and certified as well, no ETA on schedule".
This should be made know to anyone looking to purchase ROG3 in Australia. Personally I will add settings myself, but absolutely amateur of ASUS to make a flagship phone with no VoLTE support and sell it in Australia without pointing that out. Hopefully anyone thinking of purchasing an ASUS phone will search and find this.
Cheers

14 REPLIES 14

cheetah2k
Rising Star II
realistix

I received an email back from ASUS Australia regarding VoLTE for Australian carriers. Reads as follows:

"They have advised that at this stage no VoLTE scheduled for certification, we are pushing to have telco's test and approve on future phones. Until these newer devices come in and are certified, VoLTE will not be available for ROG Phone 2 and 3. Feedback has been noted and will be relooked at for future certification to see if these models can be tested, updated, and certified as well, no ETA on schedule".

This should be made know to anyone looking to purchase ROG3 in Australia. Personally I will add settings myself, but absolutely amateur of ASUS to make a flagship phone with no VoLTE support and sell it in Australia without pointing that out. Hopefully anyone thinking of purchasing an ASUS phone will search and find this.

Cheers

Volte for Australian carriers (not good news)
What are the settings to input for this?? Or do you need to flash the different baseband to make it work??
I have been thinking about getting the ROG3, but no volte holds me back

aguo1882
Star III
cheetah2k

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/38689/volte-for-australian-carriers-not-good-news

What are the settings to input for this?? Or do you need to flash the different baseband to make it work??

View post
I recently got the ROG Phone 3, there are bigger issues than no VoLTE. The black crush issue is still not fixed and I have a weird auto-rotate issue where the sensor appears to go to sleep. Not acceptable for a flagship phone!

realistix
Rising Star I
cheetah2k

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/38689/volte-for-australian-carriers-not-good-news

View post
You can check the guides on XDA. You do need unlocked and root. So that's up to you in the end.

cheetah2k
Rising Star II
realistix

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/127271#Comment_127271

You can check the guides on XDA. You do need unlocked and root. So that's up to you in the end.

View post
Ah.. well that sucks.. ITs a definite pass from me.. No point paying $1699 for something that isn't fully supported in Aus..

BlackAs
Rising Star I
Yeah it’s a bummer for sure but to be honest I put my regular sim in the phone for a while and didn’t have any voice call quality issues however it sucks cause it knocks out 4g when you have a call and drops it to 3G or H+ that’s what I don’t like about not having VoLTE

cheers
adam