ad_25
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: zenfone7pro
Firmware Version: android 10
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Why when i take a selfie in any social media app the quality so low are there any solution.
23 REPLIES 23

morenomiguel198
Rising Star I
In third party apps the "selfie" camera uses the wide lens sensor, which is not as good as the main one.
Only the Asus Camera app can use any of the sensors in selfie mode, so for now the solution is to take a photo with the Photo app and then use it in third party apps.
It would be way better if the "selfie" camera was the main camera in third party apps instead of the wide lens one...

lf_asus_z7p
Star III
Take a picture with the asus camera app is usefull however when doing a video call it is impossible. The quality is horrible for a flagship device. It is worse in every third party app than my redmi note 5 pro, a 3 years old device below 180euros.

ad_25
Star I
Exactly, I used it in photography in a lot of apps. The main lens imaging is somewhat excellent. The wide angle was very terrible. Please find a solution to this problem.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
We use the wide view camera in selfie mode in order to prevent too much build up of heat. The main sensor gets too hot if it's used for video calls. This is just the way it is and there's no way around it.