This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stylus setup

last3
Star I
New UX463F supplied with "touch stylus". Touchscreen is OK but stylus doesn't seem to do anything. On unscrewing cap there is a tag with lable saying "DO NOT PULL THIS LABEL" . Bur=t it looks like it's simply an insulator to stop the battery discharging before use. Is that what it is? If so the wording should be changed.

10 REPLIES 10

last3
Star I
OK the instruction sheet (manual) linked shows the insulation tab on the BATTERY. The "Introduction of ASUS Pen" one does refer to it being on the cap although a different appearance and clearly says do NOT pull it!!

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello last3,
Sorry for the confusion. I have reported that.
Are you able to use the pen now?
Thank you.

Liviu
Rising Star II
Don't pull that protection. There should be a small round material that disrupt the connection from the battery to the pen pins. Just take out the battery and that small round black cover will fall. You should keep it and put it back if you don't use the pen too often.

Liviu
Rising Star II
On the other side, I would have liked the pen to have more robust buttons. Whenever I try to use it, the buttons jiggle and make small noise.

last3
Star I
OK thanks. The screen seems to recognise it now but I am not sure if there is any pressure sensitivity - how can I check this please?