Star III
System:
Battery or AC:
Model: TUF Gaming FX505GT
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Around October 17-19, my laptop(BIOS 308, the latest offered by MyASUS) performance suddenly decreased. For example, playing videos games my FPS would be 60 normally, but now it is 9-30. Overall, there are stuttering and lagging when playing video games. My internet is working fine. Streaming videos, doing multiple tasks, or downloading, there are noticeable lag. MyASUS(V2.2.44.0) checkup shows there may be an issue with the fan. I've went to Nvidia Control Panel and set it to High-Performance Nvidia Processor, Power Option and set to High Performance and still nothing. Using Turbo mode, the fans are somewhat quiet and CPU/GPU fan kicks up to 2800-2900 RPM. Normally, using Turbo mode, the laptop emits a very loud noise and CPU/GPU fan kicks well over 5000-5500 RMP. So something is wrong here. I've also installed ASUS System Control Interface V2( V2.2.30.0) and reinstall MyASUS and the problem still persist. I've also resetted my laptop twice and it fixed nothing. I've checked Task Manager and Armoury Crate(V3.1.6.0), CPU/GPU temperatures seems fine. I'm not tech savy and not sure what is going on. Could it be CPU/GPU fan? Or motherboard? If you need more information to help a guy out, please ask.
Edit: I also should mention when I do Full Scan on Window Virus Security, it usually take 15-20 minutes and utilization of CPU is 98-99%. Now, it takes slighty longer and utilization of CPU is around 33%. I don't know if that info will help. I've also never underclocked or overlocked my CPU because I don't know how to do that.
Edit 2: I've emailed ASUS about the issue. It will take 48 hours for them to get back. I will update as soon as ASUS respond.
Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear all,
Please kindly update BIOS 309.
https://www.asus.com/supportonly/FX505GT/HelpDesk_Download/
If there is any issue with MyASUS after the update, please kindly provide the App version.
Also, please also double check if the service you have disabled are still disabled.
I have reported this issue. Thank you.

View solution in original post

157 REPLIES 157

E1B
Star II
I am having the same problem, before I updated the to BIOS 308 (was on BIOS 305), my fx505gt started having problems where the GPU clocks would stay at 1395mhz (base clock) and wouldn't boost any higher even though it was sitting at only 46C, and I was getting on average 20 FPS slower in most games. On a different discussion, a mod advised another person to update to the latest bios, which would 'fix the problem,' however it has just made the problem worse. Clocks are still not boosting and in HWinfo64 it states the GPU was pulling 15w when playing games, but it should be 50w and the temps on CPU and GPU were consistently below 55 degrees, so I see no reason for the GPU to stay at base clocks. Please help
EDIT: I forgot to add that my CPU is now running at only 800mhz and has a consistent 97% usage.
Could this be a bottle necking problem, for the both of us?

adittyap
Star I
Exactly same issue I am facing from last few days. I have also met few peoples who all are facing similar problems and we are all on one telegram group. Cant add link here so please see the video on YouTube of this guy Ishaan Mahajan

dathuynh555
Star III
adittyap

Exactly same issue I am facing from last few days. I have also met few peoples who all are facing similar problems and we are all on one telegram group. Cant add link here so please see the video on YouTube of this guy Ishaan Mahajan

View post
So he fixed it by rolling back to BIOS 305. It fixes the problem, but is it wise to do that? Maybe ASUS is looking into the problem and hopefully releases an update

E1B
Star II
dathuynh555

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/127220#Comment_127220

So he fixed it by rolling back to BIOS 305. It fixes the problem, but is it wise to do that? Maybe ASUS is looking into the problem and hopefully releases an update

View post
I think rolling the BIOS firmware back is the only option at the moment, although I have to keep unplugging and plugging the charger in to the laptop every time I do a cold boot then it jumps back to what the speeds should be.