This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10 Dark Mode needs improvement

skashwinsk333
Star III
The current Dark mode available in Android 10 beta versions is not real black. I would call it a washed out black. The notification area is the only place we are getting a real black color. Rest through out the system we are experiencing a washed out black color. We can clearly understand this by comparing other brands dark mode with our phones dark mode.
Below I have attached some screen shots. These are not a huge bug or anything. But, while comparing our phone with others personally I felt like we deserve better dark theme.
It would be nice if Asus can improve this. @Christine_ASUS @Anders @victor05lynn
screenshot-20201024-114710-7e2.png
screenshot-20201024-114723-7e2.png
screenshot-20201024-114750-7e2.png
screenshot-20201024-114754-7e2.png
screenshot-20201024-120645-7e2.png

23 REPLIES 23

skashwinsk333
Star III
veeharish2005

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/127052#Comment_127052

No, the Google widget is at the top and is not removable in aosp.

View post
That is not what I said.
Since you told that you are having Nokia devices with you let me clarify my doubt.
1) Where is the permanent search widget in your devices located ( ie, at the top portion of the screen or at the bottom portion of the screen )
2) Are you able to change the search widget position in the home screen ? I'm not talking about removing the widget. I'm asking whether you are able to change its position.

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
skashwinsk333

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/127069#Comment_127069

That is not what I said.

Since you told that you are having Nokia devices with you let me clarify my doubt.

1) Where is the permanent search widget in your devices located ( ie, at the top portion of the screen or at the bottom portion of the screen )

2) Are you able to change the search widget position in the home screen ? I'm not talking about removing the widget. I'm asking whether you are able to change its position.

View post
The launcher in android one phone's are just a stripped down version of pixel launcher. They have the same animation, accent color and the corners are rounded off like in the pixel launcher. The launcher in android one phone's are designed by Google themselves.
1. It is on the bottom.
2. It is not movable.
The Google search widget in aosp is on the top but Google custamised it to be on the bottom for the pixel launcher, because of the launcher in android one phone's are a cut down version of pixel launcher they also have the Google search widget at the bottom, just like pixel launcher.

skashwinsk333
Star III
The Google search widget in aosp is on the top 
How can you be sure about that ? Any proof to validate your claim ? Bro, asking just out of my curiosity😊

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
skashwinsk333

How can you be sure about that ? Any proof to validate your claim ? Bro, asking just out of my curiosity😊

View post
Refer to this
r/AndroidQuestions - Google widget in android 10 aospr/AndroidQuestions - Google widget in android 10 aosp

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
skashwinsk333

View post
And also the android 10 beta for asus zenfone 5z and nokia 8.1 which is a aosp build also had the search widget on the top.