This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch not responding on top (between selfie camera to speaker)

markosmiro105
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 3
Firmware Version:.78
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence: ALWAYS FROM NOW ON
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
PLEASE Help
Today my phone didn't response on touching in the uper right place( above the selfie camera) until the middle of the top speaker. I attach photos and a video. Is it hardware? Factory reset will do anything? I have done factory reset a dew days before. Do i need to do one more factory reset, it woll solve the problem?? Anyone else facing this issue?? Restart the phones does nothing just to say

On the video i turn over the phone as u can see and from the oppooy side i can adjust the brightness (it responsers as it used to be) but on the normal it doesn't responses at all!!!. It does the same on everything in that area (from selfie cam to top speaker)

Omg i hope it is not hardware problem and have to ho to warranty service.

screenshot-20201012-223721824-281-29.jpg

screenshot-20201012-222231326-281-29.jpg

21 REPLIES 21

markosmiro105
Star III
Send an email yesterday(friday that told me the spare screen will arrive) to tell me how it is going but no answer yesterday i think Monday will answer but i think i will be waiting for much more. They have told me at first that i will have my phone back until the next week 26-30 October at most. Its been 10 days now without a phone and it is tragic, i paid 1000 new rog 3 phone and in 18 days i am out of phone and no new replacement for me.
Can a mod tell me why they didn't give me a new rog 3 replacement and have to be waiting to repair a brand new 18 days old phone? And tell me it will be the same as new the repaired rog 3 ? It will have the gorilla glass 6 in place? All the thermal pastes will be added as the factory construction and the heatting materials and all the phone in general will not be damaged??? I have seen in videos of tearing down rog 3 that some inside materials damaging when they tear down( the copper sink as an example). I have a small doubt about this please solve me my enquiry!
@ARP_ASUS
@Anders_ASUS
@Gustav_ASUS

devicentextian
Rising Star II
i think the reason why they didn't replace the phone is they only allowed it to be replaced 7 day after you bought it. i think it's on the warranty that they gave you after you bought the phone.

markosmiro105
Star III
Yes, but 10 days later in a brand new rog 3 that is turn out to be defective the right policy is to give a new replacement, thats my opinion!

markosmiro105
Star III
1. General
ASUS warrants the Product to be free from 
defects in workmanship and materials for the 
Warranty Period. The Warranty does not cover 
bundled accessories, which were delivered
together with the Product such as: cables, bag, 
earphone etc. If the Product fails during normal 
and proper use within the Warranty Period, 
ASUS, at its discretion, will repair or replace the 
defective parts of the Product, or the Product 
itself, with new or reconditioned parts or products 
that are functionally equivalent or superior to 
those originally supplied.

Thats a part from rog 3 warranty . As u can see " OR THE PRODUCT ITSELF".
of course in warranty it is common to change the defective parts but i only say that it must be replaced because of the 18 days old phone. If i had the phone for 2 plus months there will be fair to be replaced only the defective part but 18 days old phone is brand new in my opinion!

judimedan
Star I
okay to information