This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO 1080p on Netflix/Amazon Prime Videos

paras0710
Rising Star II
Despite being L1 Widevine certified Phone Asus 6z does not support 1080p resolution on Netflix and Amazon Prime Videos. Netflix only support 720 HD and there is no way i can check Prime Videos max resolution but it certainly looks even poorer than 720 that may be because Amazon require Mircosoft Playready DRM instead Googles Widevine  which Asus 6z does not support.
 Please Asus fix this issue with Netflix by contacting them and ask them to certify your flagship phone by adding adding 1080p or even HDR support like One plus 7 phones. 
Aslo please check prime video issue. Please 
18 REPLIES 18

Sreekiran
Star III
Nope. I have a 100MPBS connection and the settings are at best. It is Widevine related dear sir.

Dhana
Star I
Yeah even i have a good internet connection . Im getting poor video quality even after selecting the best option 

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
Same sir. On tikona gigabit optic fibre plan. Internet is not an issue 

paras0710
Rising Star II
Kris_ASUS said:
Hi @paras0710
Both Amazon Prime Video and NetFlix will adjust the resolution based on internet speed. Please try to install an app like "Internet Speed Meter" and check if your internet speed is fast enough.
For Amazon Prime Video, we can select the best quality in the setting menu, which means ZenFone 6 supports the best quality.
9lp7agj7ev79.jpg
With the internet speed meter, you can check the speed is fast enough to have the best quality.
37wvn09krgsr.jpg
I found on net that some Sony and Samsung Android phones do support 1080p and even UHD & hdr10+ as well on prime video so this means Asus can surely work with Amazon to bring at least 1080p. Check the screenshot of Samsung galaxy S10.
xiulhhskrju5.jpg