Quarter
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Grey lines and green flicker on webcam when using AC power
Model: UX533FD
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

Last edited by Quarter on 2019/12/9 09:37 As described above, the webcam image has grey lines and occasional green flickers. This only occurs when AC power is plugged in, everything works perfectly when using battery. I have removed and re-installed drivers with no success. This is a brand new laptop that I removed from the box yesterday. I see that there are two other questions with the same issue, but no answer has been provided. Is this a hardware issue and do I need to return my laptop or is there a software fix?
294 REPLIES 294

mrtlod
Star I
same problem here with Asus zenbook pro n501jw windows 10 home 64
Bios version 212

tldube
Star I
Hi,
I'm an IT manager for a company that works on cloud solutions. Basically every Vivobook we purchased these last years had this issue. Even the most recent models. I won't list all the model variant we purchased here because you were likely aware of the issue before shipping those laptop out as it is a quite obvious issue. If you were not aware, then you QA process is highly questionable.

That being said, this thread is 2 years old. You guys have a solution for us or should we just start buying another brand?

fsbernardo99
Star I
Same issue here... I have just bought a VivoBook X512FJ. When Zoom, and other apps using webcam grey lines and green flickering occurs. Everything updated, what should I do?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
mrtlod

same problem here with Asus zenbook pro n501jw windows 10 home 64

Bios version 212

View post
Hello mrtold,
Please kindly share a video record of the issue.
Thank you.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
tldube

Hi,

I'm an IT manager for a company that works on cloud solutions. Basically every Vivobook we purchased these last years had this issue. Even the most recent models. I won't list all the model variant we purchased here because you were likely aware of the issue before shipping those laptop out as it is a quite obvious issue. If you were not aware, then you QA process is highly questionable.

That being said, this thread is 2 years old. You guys have a solution for us or should we just start buying another brand?

View post
Hi,
With your professional, we expected more understanding of this issue from you .....but seems like we need to explain a lot more to you than others.
Also, what are the models you have ?
It is an issue with specific Intel CPU platform (I'm sorry it's old one, not new).
There is higher electricity interference to the camera, which is pretty normal and can happen on any laptop and does not actually affect the camera or laptop function. By simply and slightly changing one variety in BIOS, it will lower the interference, but of course, it's a trade-off, to keep balance between the interference and higher performance.
Also, all models affected had been sold for a while, with BIOS updated many time. But it was not until this year that we received larger amount of feedback requesting to adjust this issue, and I think we both clearly know why.
And clearly in this tread, I have been providing the new BIOS, and our support website has been updating as well.
Thank you.