This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 7 Huge problem with camera, latest Sept Update 29.13.7. 24

Charles_Rollon
Rising Star I
When you take pictures of faces in back camera or selfie mode, it extremely sharpens the faces and raises the contrast as well. This makes the skins uglier and unpleasant. How do I downgrade to the previous version? This is such a shame because I bought this phone to take selfies, now basically its unusable for me. How do I downgrade to previous version?
117 REPLIES 117

i_turecki
Star I
Charles Rollon

First photo one is from the latest hotfix update 29.13.7.44

second photo is from 29.12.18.14

AND YES I CAN CONFIRM WE ARE BACK TO THE SAME EXTREME SHARPNESS AND CONTRAST AND OILY FACE PROBLEM. How do I go back to 29.12.18.14? I dont want this hot fix UPDATE.

I am getting really upset about this and I am seriously frustrated.

p-20201022-093500.jpg

p-20201022-092534.jpg

View post
The second photo looks like after a cheap Photoshop retouch (plastic skin). From these two, I prefer the first one.

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
Charles Rollon

Thank you for your reply @Anders_ASUS but whatever lens it is using it is quite dark and it is obvious that its quality is inferior. Thanks for letting me know that my issue with sharpness will not be addressed, this means that I will be staying with 29.12.18.14 .

But from my understanding the camera will no longer work on November 1? What will happen to me if I stay at my old firmware?

I understand most users like gcam, but it is not flattering to the skin. Why do you fix something that is not broken? The main reason I spent 1000 dollars is because it was great quality for selfie.

I am now looking to move on to another mobile which is a sad truth. The Zenfone 7 pro is good for taking photos with surroundings, but as a selfie vlogging gadget it fails for me. So I am staying at 29.12.18.14

View post
He is talking about the 3rd party apps using the wide angle issue.
olivierhaas69

There is an issue with getting only a 6.5 MP image when being on the main camera and switching to selfie mode. To avoid that I use a quick setting for the camera angle to stay in normal mode but still turn the camera to the front. Full functionality for landscape orientation, but upside down for portrait orientation

Any suggestions, or process to avoid this workaround in Google camera Mod ?

Heavy files in Google camera Mod
In this thread(in the comments), a developer of a Google camera mod explains the issue.

Charles_Rollon
Rising Star I
My main concern now is that I will stay @ firmware version 29.12.18.14 but what will to me by Nov 1 ? Will the camera stop working altogether? Because I will not be taking the hotfix update

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
Charles Rollon

My main concern now is that I will stay @ firmware version 29.12.18.14 but what will to me by Nov 1 ? Will the camera stop working altogether? Because I will not be taking the hotfix update

View post
We need to know what that licensing does to know if your camera will stop working or not.

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
@Anders_ASUS do you have any information about the licensing provided in the new update?