The Clear All button in recent applications does not appear sometime

_jis__jis_ Level 5
edited November 2020 in ZenFone 6

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ZS630KL
  2. Firmware Version: since the first A10 WW_17.1810.1910.63 till the latest A10 WW_17.1810.2009.176
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: about once or twice a day, the issue persist all A10 fw updates
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): n/a

The Clear All button in recent applications does not appear sometime.

It doesn't always happen, but let's say once or twice a day. This depends on how often you use the operation to view recent applications. This problem has been ongoing for a year since the upgrade to Android 10.

It doesn't affect all users just some. Here are references to two closed threads, but where no solution has been found.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/13156/questions-around-android-10-on-zenfone-6/p1 - item number two

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/15295/clear-all-option

When the error occurred:

When the error did not occur:

When this problem occurs I do the following:

I press the Recent button again and then once more. The Clear all button will then appear.

Comments

• Yes I second this issue

• I never had your issue, but it seems that you use a different elements size !

Which navigation method do you use ?

• FYI all of these details were discussed in the first referenced thread. I will quote here the questions and answers from that thread.

Issue was reported for Asus and Nova launcher at least, but this error should have been independent of used launcher.

Do you have Default Display Size and Font Size?

Yes, both default, but I am using Smallest width 360 dp instead of 411 dp in Developer options / Drawing to get everything as big as on my previous phones (I have poor vision). Just for testing purposes I returned Smallest width to default 411 dp instead my preferred 360 dp in Developer options / Drawing, but "Clear All" button disappearing issue is still present.

I'm pretty sure that I see some clear all button missing time to time using that old swipe from bottom gestures now I am using third pt FNG and I think it shows always

I also use FNG, but unlike you for a very long time and I have to say that even with FNG gestures button Clear all is occasionally missing. You will see, when you use it longer, it will certainly happen to you.

• Those threads were auto closed due to inactivity.

I will send you a PM with log instructions.

• @Anders_ASUS it happens when remove animations is on or if anyone off all the animations. I reported this long time back @_jis_ was first to say that there is no such issue and now you yourself getting it. Hahaha. Anyway just switched off remove animation and it will always show clear all button.

Anders, please resolve this issue amd check on android 11 as well. I requested couple of features like display off while sharing screen mirroring. Network type on wifi...like 4g if i am using a 4g hotspot. I saw similar feature in oppo phones. Self view via front camega in screen recording it is very useful for presentation recorders as it will show you as well. This feature is present in almost all phones screen records

• @Anders_ASUS all above features are very basic but important for all. Dont think it need huge development efforts. Please raise these request to developers so that atleast we get them in android 11

• What do you mean by "remove animations is on or if anyone off all the animations"? Do you mean that you set Window Animation scale, Transition animation scale and Animation duration scale to "Animation off"?

• Yup two ways either switch off them through scale animation option under developer menu or setting -accessibility- remove animation. I was able to simulate via both option. Any update on my feature requests...you can say NO as well.

• @Anders_ASUS to simulate it set animation as above. Clear all recent apps. now open any app and press home naviation button. now press recent app navigation button and you wont see clear all button now try to move window little up and down on recent apps screen and then u will see clear all buttton again.

• Haha, sorry

"display off while sharing screen mirroring" - I have already recorded this request last time you asked

"Network type on wifi...like 4g if i am using a 4g hotspot" - I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Can you please rephrase?

"Self view via front camega in screen recording" - Sure, I can add this request to our list

There's no guarantee that these suggestions will become reality but there's a good chance since our devs goes though my suggestion list when they need more idéas for new features/improvements.

Please make a screen recording because even with your instructions, I'm unable to replicate. Could be because I'm on A11 and animations are now part of the display settings and not hidden in dev options

• @Anders_ASUS Here it is...please delete video once you verified...let me know if u need more info. Thanks for update on requested features. Hope to get them on z6 android 10/11. Please force them by saying these are in huge demand by customer ;)

Please attach picture of network info on wifi. it is colour os

• it happens when remove animations is on or if anyone off all the animations

I've never changed the default settings for system animations. I had no need to speed anything up.

I have this setting:

Settings > Accessibility > Remove animations > Off

Settings > System > Developer options > Android 10 default values for [Window animation scale, Transition animation scale, Animator duration scale]

Yet for me, that mistake sometimes comes, as I detailed in my first post.

I reported this long time back @_jis_ was first to say that there is no such issue and now you yourself getting it. Hahaha.

Not just now. You're wrong, it bothers me since the first A10 WW_17.1810.1910.63 till the latest A10 WW_17.1810.2009.176.

If you were referring to your thread below (from 18 November 2019), in my first reply the same day (10 days after the update to A10), I wrote that I haven't noticed this yet, but the next day in my next reply (19 November 2019), I confirmed it.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/13156/questions-around-android-10-on-zenfone-6/p1

• Hi, could you please post the default Android 10 values for all three settings before I go into logging?

Settings > System > Developer options > [Window animation scale, Transition animation scale, Animator duration scale]

• Ok, about the wifi speed feature you request. Why do you want this? Don't know know if you're connected to a hotspot wifi? Most people name their 5ghz wifi with 5ghz in the end because most devices nowadays, can't display this info either. If you really need to know the frequency of the wifi you connected to, then you can find it in the details of that wifi. So.... what is the real benefit?

With your video I managed to replicate on ROG2, ZF6 and ZF5z with A10. This issue will go away with A11 but I'll check if we can fix it before that.

Thanks!

• Could we have music control gestures as it's even available on asus 7z and it's even on too many phones even midrange phones have

• Thanks for raising it to concern team for quick fix. About this feature, I noticed this on one of my relative phone and i myself asked whats tge use of this but later on i feel indeed its a good feature. Still people use mobile or sim based wifi device or hotspots and this feature gives to real time information about your sim networks whether it using 3g/4g/5g/4g+. I find it useful but it is more of a fancy feature.

I have another feature suggestion hope to get it soon. Right now we need to set record audio microphobe/speaker before using it but we can not change while recording screen. Is it possible to add this feature? I was just recording something and in between I had two use both but not able to do it.

• I personally feel that it is more of a "nice to have" than "need to have" feature. It wouldn't reach the top of the list of features we add in the near future.

Could we add a button to the screen recorder for audio? - Maybe, but It's not as easy as adding a button because currently you can change the audio recording via the screen recorder settings but you need to end the video recording for the audio to change. So could be that there's a limitation. But you can select microphone, use wired headphones and it will pick up both internal audio and your voice

• Strange, my thread was hijacked to discuss unrelated issues, but my last posts on the topic went unanswered...

For the first, I expected at least a small apology, for the second answer.

This discussion has been closed.