This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 7 Huge problem with camera, latest Sept Update 29.13.7. 24

Charles_Rollon
Rising Star I
When you take pictures of faces in back camera or selfie mode, it extremely sharpens the faces and raises the contrast as well. This makes the skins uglier and unpleasant. How do I downgrade to the previous version? This is such a shame because I bought this phone to take selfies, now basically its unusable for me. How do I downgrade to previous version?
117 REPLIES 117

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
Charles Rollon

@veeharish2005 you are correct. one of the updates of the hotfix update in the decription also says "optimized the dynamic camera effect" i dont even know what that means?

View post
It could have optimized dynamic range or ai scene detection feature but I don't know for sure.

Charles_Rollon
Rising Star I
i have also discovered that when I do facebook live, or instagram live, it uses the wide angle camera which makes for unflatering skin tones amd there is no option to use the main camera. i am starting to look for a new phone. this phones software is letting me down. now that my bootloader is unlo ked my google pay doesnt work as well. its heartbreaking. literally spent 1000 dollars for endless frustrations. dont get me wrong, the whole idea of what thos phone is supposwd to be is amazing, however the execution and the whole ASUS zenfone 7 pro experience has not been great. but I do feel the power of the snapdragon 865+ . its such a shame. it has been weeks of struggle and the most difficult part is that if i downgrade to the previous firmware, i have to reinstall and update my 165 applications on my phone whoch literally takes 6 hours of my life.

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
Charles Rollon

i have also discovered that when I do facebook live, or instagram live, it uses the wide angle camera which makes for unflatering skin tones amd there is no option to use the main camera. i am starting to look for a new phone. this phones software is letting me down. now that my bootloader is unlo ked my google pay doesnt work as well. its heartbreaking. literally spent 1000 dollars for endless frustrations. dont get me wrong, the whole idea of what thos phone is supposwd to be is amazing, however the execution and the whole ASUS zenfone 7 pro experience has not been great. but I do feel the power of the snapdragon 865+ . its such a shame. it has been weeks of struggle and the most difficult part is that if i downgrade to the previous firmware, i have to reinstall and update my 165 applications on my phone whoch literally takes 6 hours of my life.

View post
This issue is under investigation according to the moderators.

lf_asus_z7p
Star III
Charles Rollon

View post
My bootloader is still locked however i'm in the exact situation. The device is good, hardware talking but the software choices are bad.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Charles Rollon

View post
It's not using the wide-view camera on my device. Can you please screen record your device and compare ASUS camera app to instagram live.
Currently there are no plans on decreasing the sharpness but I'm not closing the door either. The current result is very similar in sharpness to that what you get from Gcam and most users love Gcam. So even though I do understand your dilemma, we can't make this change just because there are two or three people in this thread who agrees with you.
I'm sorry about your unlock and downgrade experience but as I understand it, you've already received instructions on how to go back to A10?