This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch not responding on top (between selfie camera to speaker)

markosmiro105
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 3
Firmware Version:.78
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence: ALWAYS FROM NOW ON
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
PLEASE Help
Today my phone didn't response on touching in the uper right place( above the selfie camera) until the middle of the top speaker. I attach photos and a video. Is it hardware? Factory reset will do anything? I have done factory reset a dew days before. Do i need to do one more factory reset, it woll solve the problem?? Anyone else facing this issue?? Restart the phones does nothing just to say

On the video i turn over the phone as u can see and from the oppooy side i can adjust the brightness (it responsers as it used to be) but on the normal it doesn't responses at all!!!. It does the same on everything in that area (from selfie cam to top speaker)

Omg i hope it is not hardware problem and have to ho to warranty service.

screenshot-20201012-223721824-281-29.jpg

screenshot-20201012-222231326-281-29.jpg

21 REPLIES 21

markosmiro105
Star III
I did factory reset and the problem is there. So i have to go to the company with the warranty..... Pff who has the patient now to wait...

markosmiro105
Star III
I did another video from another touch screen tester. I think it is a faulty digitizer, please tell me your opinion

markosmiro105
Star III
I send it to asus service and opened RMA. WHEN asus confirm that the touching panel is faulty, what will Asus do ? I only accept replacement with a brand new Rog 3 , because mine was brand new 20 days old. I don't discuss about tear down and replace the faulty part because i dont want to have a brand new phone teared down and give back to me.

markosmiro105
Star III
Not to discuss that i have no phone right now and wondering how many time this will last. I was very impressed by rog 3 from specs and performance, gaming was awasome, bypass charging so perfect and must feature,use it almost everytime i was played,but now with this touching problem i was disappointed a little. Now to chear up again i want to see how good is Asus aftersales and if they will do the right think and give me a new replacement. If so i definitely tell that Asus is a serious company, professionals and really that care about customers. Now for the black crash issue and others little bugs, i think it is a matter of time to resolved via OTA update. It was my first Asus product and i will stick to Asus for life (btw i will need a laptop soon).

markosmiro105
Star III
Just today i see at myasus app that my phone need some time to repair because of the spare part and the repair center will call me back within 3 days. I don't wait, and call to see whats the news. The employee tell me that the problem confirmed ,there will be change all the screen and the spare part screen will be there by the end of the week. He told me that definitely the next week i will have back my phone. I ask him that if the spare part is genuine, told me yes , asked him about the new screen has the gorilla glass 6 and told me obviously it will have it. I asked that the phone once it is opened, it will be the same, the engineers will put the thermal pastes and all that has the phone from factory? Told me yes and the phone will be as new. Because my phone was new 18days old, i was waiting for a replacement, but as i think twice, it is better to change the screen with a new batch screen and maybe the other screen related problems will be solved

I am half satisfied by now. To fully satisfied i will tell u when the phone arrives back to me.
I have to say that Asus aftersales service is very good and fast responding, the employee is polite, and the myasus app is very precise about the procedure of the RMA.
Asus is a serious company that take cares of the customers and i think all the bugs and problems that has the phone will be gone with new updates coming.....