This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera throws "Camera cannot flips"

Alaudeen
Rising Star I
When I opened the camera application, it throws camera cannot flips error everytime. I have cleared camera cache but nothing helps, shows same error. 
13 REPLIES 13

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Shaking the phone may flip out the camera slightly. How much it will flip out depends on how much you shake it. So in theory, yes, it can retract a little bit in your pocket even though this has only happened to me on few occasions.
To have a small vertical play is normal but if your play is larger than normal is hard to say. Yes the camera may vibrate when the phone vibrates. Of course it makes sounds when you tap it hard with your finger on the top of the phone. Its the design because we couldn't fit two motorers inside. It's a phone and space is very limited.  
Is this a problem? Well it's up to you. This is not a normal phone so don't expect it to behave like one. You need to question, why does this bother you so much, why does it matter? 
I believe that most people care so much about the sounds and how it might flip out because they are worried that their unit is faulty or that the camera might stop working. They worry that if there is a small play now, then it will be even worse in a year.
Well, I can give you comfort in that the behavior is perfectly normal and it will not get worse. We have tested this camera extensively in very rough conditions. So when you show your flipping phone to your friends and they comment about the sounds coming from the module, then you can comfortably answer them that it's not a problem. They will most probably reply that they would't buy a phone that makes sounds like this but then again, this is not a phone for everyone. We're not trying to make a Galaxy S10 or a P30 Pro. This is a phone by nerds for nerds. A phone that does things differently. Things that no other phone can do. This is why you bought it and you should be proud of your choice. We're proud of ZenFone 6 and what we achieved. We know it's still not perfect and we're going to continue improving the software to make it even better. We want all ZenFone 6 users to be super happy with their choice and proud to own a ASUS phone.

m4n15h_r4w4t
Rising Star I
It's not the camera flipping out while walking or the vertical play from non-motor end that bothers me. The thing which bothers me the most is that because of this issue the earpiece buzzes a lot when I'm talking to someone and it's really irritating. Sometimes I have to put finger on the camera to stop it from buzzing. I've surveyed extensively over the internet and found out that there are many users out there whose camera unit has a perfect snug fit that too without any play issue. So mine is definitely faulty to some extent. Maybe the module is not assembled properly I guess. I'm not sure.

meethkstar143
Star II
Same problem with my device

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
It's not the camera flipping out while walking or the vertical play from non-motor end that bothers me. The thing which bothers me the most is that because of this issue the earpiece buzzes a lot when I'm talking to someone and it's really irritating. Sometimes I have to put finger on the camera to stop it from buzzing. I've surveyed extensively over the internet and found out that there are many users out there whose camera unit has a perfect snug fit that too without any play issue. So mine is definitely faulty to some extent. Maybe the module is not assembled properly I guess. I'm not sure.
Could be. The camera module should not buzz when you talk. Everyone with this issue should contact their ASUS Service Center and ask them to confirm.