This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus zenfone 5z restarting and no network

Sufyan
Rising Star I
From some days my phone started to restart on its own for no reason and each time it restarts on its own the network signals are gone and then I have to restart it again from power menu and after the restart the signal comes back but after some hours the same thing will happen again sometimes happens after an hour or half an hour or some times in minutes and no I didn't dropped my phone nor there's any kind of virus or ghost doing it if that's what you guys are going to say it's a software bug that needs to be fixed and if someone says in the comment but I'm not facing that then you should know many bugs previously showed up on some devices and didn't showed up on others this in consistent behaviour is famous from Asus. In updates and also in bugs 🤦

Please request the developer team to fix this ASAP cuz I didn't buy this phone for testing OS on this phone I bought it to use it as my daily driver so please try na understand
@Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Laura_ASUS @Mister @kikoly
75 REPLIES 75

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
Christine_ASUS

Hi adityapruthi2001 & hkumar73

a. Does the device have SIM signal issue?

b. Can the battery charge properly?

Besides, hkumar73, please provide me the video of your auto-restart process so that I can understand the answer (1).

View post
Okay guys, confirmation-something is really wrong with .92 and the.99 updates.
So, this is what happened today, I went to the service centre and asked them about the same thing again. They said, last time they flashed and updated the phone till .99. This time let’s do one thing, let’s start from 90....(.58)(2019/05/06) and you yourself go up to that firmware from which the problem will start. So, he flashed and now I was on .58. And crisp.... the problem was gone. I several times tried to insert and reinsert the sim but the issue was gone. Then from fota I updated to .88 and no problem there also, pls note I was checking my phone for 15 mins at least for each update. So, no restarts, no crashes no freezes nothing just smooth android 9. After this - .98>100...(.98)>.70>.87. Till WW 100.10.10.87 and nothing yet. Until I update to .92 from fota and voila the crash messages were back again. The only difference was phone was not restarting and only showing app crash dialog message, that same qti.simsettings has stopped. And also, from .87 I was getting notification to update to directly to .99 not to .92 so I updated manually not through fota, as I feared .99 would be causing the problem. And on .92 the system was showing app crash and app not responding but only difference was that it didn’t freezed or restarted. Well if you think manually updating from .87 to .92 might be causing this then wait. I did the whole thing AGAIN as above and just stopped at .87 to update directly to fota to .99 from .87. But yeah that didn’t solve the problem and the restarting happened again.
So now I am finally on .87 and fearing to update as it would cause system crash .So the work around will be that I would continue with .87 till either the phone dies itself or ASUS gives a majority update to fix this mentioning this as a fix and not mentioning this as "system optimized" because I wasted 5 hrs in this. So, if ASUS releases another update and this issue will persist, I cannot afford to do all this again by going to the service centre again and flashing .58 again and coming till .87. As system is crashing from .92.
Also, all simmi tests were fine and phones hardware had no fault.
If any one of you are thinking I’m lying and faking all this.
here the service centre person's contact info-
His name is Kapil. he works in compuage infocom in shakar pur asus service centre
contact no. is 011 4023 0209
Mr Sunil sir will attend you. You can ask him about me and the whole process. He even said don’t update to .99 or .92 . they have problems.
So pls any moderator reply and comment this. If someone unable to receive the crash dialogue message they can head to developer options and turn on app crash message and check background ANR.
@Christine_ASUS

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
hkumar73

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/125919#Comment_125919

After this mam the phone restarts.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/0B8QQ9VY3FDY/vid-20201020-wa0696.mp4

View post
This is happening same with me......!!!! I get settings keeps stopping. Do you foloow restarts too??how freq?? Mine is like 2-3 times in an hour

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi adityapruthi2001
Please check your inbox and PM me your RMA no. you received yesterday. Thank you.

@adityapruthi2001 Let me try with your solution then. Do i need to visit service centre or can I update it manually by visiting Asus site and downloading the .87 firmware.

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
srinivaassiddu

@adityapruthi2001 Let me try with your solution then. Do i need to visit service centre or can I update it manually by visiting Asus site and downloading the .87 firmware.

View post
no need brother. SO,IM DROPPING ASUS ZENFONE 5Z NOW.TIME WITH IT WAS NICE. BUT NOW IT IS DEAD(NOT COMPLETELY).SO THIS HAPPENED WITH ME 1 YEAR BACK ALSO. AT THAT TIME MY NETWORKS WERE GONE AND PHONE WAS IN WARRANTY SO I GOT MY MB REPLACED BUT AS IT IS NOT UNDER WARRANTY NOW SO I CANNOT SPEND 24K. SO ASUS' UPDATES SOMEHOW BREAK SOME INTERNAL CIRCUTIRY OF THE PHONE. LAST YEAR MY PHONE DIDNT GOT NETWORKS EVE AFTER FLASHING NEW ROM. THIS TIME TOO. THERE IS NO NEED TO GO TO THE SERVICE CENTRE. SOME INTERNAL CIRCUTRY HAS SHORTED . WHICH IS CAUSED BY THE UPDATE ONLY. I EVEN HAS ARGUMENT WITH ONE OF THE SERVICE CENTRE MEMBER. IN .86 TOO THE PROBELM IS PERSISTENT.!!!! YOU ALL WERE RIGHT THERE IS A FAULT IN MY MOTHERBOARD AND @Sufyan ,@hkumar73 @srinivaassiddu ' MOTHERBOARDS TOO. SORRY TO TELL YOU GUYS..THIS PROBLEM WILL NEVER GO. IT WILL ONLY GO AFTER YOU WILL REPLACE YOUR MOTHERBOARD. BECAUSE THE UPDATE HAS RUIN OUR MB.AS MY NETWORKS WERE LAST YEAR. SO, THIS MIGHT BE NCOMFORTBLE TO SOME GUYS. BUT IM MOVING TO THE CONSUMER COURT. ALSO...@amitgarde3 ,@aamod.v8 YOU GUYS ARE NOT EEPRINCING THE SAME BECAUSE NOT EVERONE UPDATES ARE INSTALLED COMPLTELY. SO I WAS IN BAD LUCK THE OTHER DAY. INCLUDING SUFYAN , HKUMAR AND SINIVAASSIDDU. SORRY GUYS. PLS MODERATORS CLOSE THIS THREAD YOUR UPDATES ARE CAUSING OUR MOTHERBOARDS TO FRY. I WILL NOT SAY ANYTHING TO PROVE MY SELF. BT LET ME ASSURE YOU ONE THING THAT FIRST I NOT THE ONLY ONE AND SECONDLY --THIS IS NOT OUR FAULT!!!!WE DONT HAVE TO PAY 24K FOR A THING WE DIDNT DID. EVEN IF WE REPLACE OUR MB THEN WHAT IS THE PROBABILTY THAT THE PROBELM WILL NOT ARRIVE AGIN PRESUMING WE HAVE THE SAME UPDATE. SO NOW (IN MY CASE AND OTHERS SUFFERING FROM THIS ISSUE)...WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM EVEN IF ASUS RELEASES A COUNTER UPDATE TO FIX THIS. COZ THE UPDATE HAS DONE WHAT IS HAS TO DO ALDREDY. IN .86 TOO THE PROBLEM IS APPEARING. THAT SAMEQTI.COM.SIMMSETTINGS HAS STOPPED. AND THE PHONE RESTARS.I WANT MY PHONE TO BE FIXED ANY HOW BECAUSE IT IS NOT MY(OUR) FAULT.