Battery or AC: both
Model: UX431F.
Frequency of occurrence: almost every day
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hello everyone,
I want to understand if these problems are common to everyone that has my same laptop or are only mine; in that case I think I still have the buyer's warranty for hardware/software issues.
I've paid this laptop more than 1000 euros (the most expensive laptop I've ever bought) and I've never experienced so many daily issues, such as:
two BSOD
Problems with Realtek audio (sometimes the PC tells me tha I don't have any audio output)
AC problems: when I charge the PC it sounds like it's overheating but it's not (checked with temperature app), but the sound is still very annoying
Update issues: if i don't update DAILY drivers/software, something goes wrong
Screen issues: today my screen went black all of a sudden, for a couple of seconds soooo many times, both the whole screen or some parts.
I've experienced all these issues mainly because the PC wasn't updated DAILY updated. I have to do regular updates (both from windows update and manually driver update) EVERY SINGLE DAY, otherwise something won't work.
Just to do an example, 2 days ago i think the PC received a pretty big update (also the BIOS was updated) and today I've experienced this problem with the screen, to find that I needed other 3 updates (not notified by windows update, even though I have the notifications ON)
I don't think that it's normal that if I don't do an update at the moment something goes immediately wrong, I can expect these kind of problems if i don't update the pc since 2 months, but I use this PC daily, mainly for studying and working.
It is my problem or common problem for zenbook 14 users?
thanks in advance
8 REPLIES 8

mariavictoriabu
Star II
Blake_ASUS

Hi Maira,

I would say deleting your files would be better, but up to your decision.

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1013065

Thank you.

View post
If I do "reset factory settings" I won't lose windows 10 right? Because it was installed on my pc before I think

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Maira,
So your device is non-OS device? If so, when you install your own Windows, it should have asked you to set up a backup part for this kind of reset. If you have set up the backup, it will use that back up OS to reset; if not, then you would need to install Windows again.
Thank you.

mariavictoriabu
Star II
Hello,
I've done the reset and at the moment the computer seems to work perfectly!
The only problem I have at the moment is with the battery healt system, as someone said in another discussion that I'm following.
Thanks for the help!

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Maira,
Glad to receive this reply.
Thank you for the update.