System: Windows 10 64-bit
Battery or AC:
Model: ASUS VIVOBOOK 15 X512DA
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description
So I just bought this laptop and I have been met with various problems already. First of all when I was setting up windows for the first time it required me to set a pin but the window kept closing so I spent almost an hour troubleshooting and managed to enter a PIN and got into windows. After a bit I there was a problem with the trackpad (tried connecting a mouse nothing changed) I couldn't click on anything and when I clicked on a program It opened and closed immediately after that I opened CMD to try sfc /scannow to find If anything was corrupted but I could write on the CMD cause at random everything was getting deleted. I would appreciate it if you could guide me through the process of fixing those problems. (Note: I tried the troubleshooting from myasus program).

4 REPLIES 4

GekoGR
Star I
Update: I went on a site to test the keyboard and I noticed that when I pressed tab,capslock,shift,ctrl and ~ It was spamming esc for some reason Is that what causes the problem? Is it software related or hardware related?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello GekoGR,
Please kindly check if your BIOS is up to date.
And please check Windows update as well, keep running it until all KBs are completed.
Thank you.

GekoGR
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Hello GekoGR,

Please kindly check if your BIOS is up to date.

And please check Windows update as well, keep running it until all KBs are completed.

Thank you.

View post
I updated the bios and windows to the latest versions but no luck I still have the same problem.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello GekoGR,
May you tried to rest the system?
Windows 10 - How to restore the system to factory default settings? | Official Support | ASUS USAand then only run Windows update without manually install any drivers.
Thank you.