This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"HIDE NOTCH" option is not working properly for games like COD( call of duty) and PUBG in 5z

shahrukhafridi9
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: asus 5z
Firmware Version: .99
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: "EVERY TIME"
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
"HIDE NOTCH" OPTION IS NOT WORKING FOR GAMES LIKE COD AND PUBG
BUT IT USE TO HIDE NOTCH IN OLDER ANDROID VERSION (8 AND 9) OF ASUS 5Z
BUT IN A10 THIS "HIDE NOTCH" BUG NEEDS TO BE FIXED IN UPCOMING UPDATE 🙏
9 REPLIES 9

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
shahrukhafridi996

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: asus 5z
  2. Firmware Version: .99
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: "EVERY TIME"
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

"HIDE NOTCH" OPTION IS NOT WORKING FOR GAMES LIKE COD AND PUBG

BUT IT USE TO HIDE NOTCH IN OLDER ANDROID VERSION (8 AND 9) OF ASUS 5Z

BUT IN A10 THIS "HIDE NOTCH" BUG NEEDS TO BE FIXED IN UPCOMING UPDATE 🙏

"HIDE NOTCH" option is not working properly for games like COD( call of duty) and PUBG in 5z
Received an answer regarding hide notch for games like pubg n cod
Answer:-
They say it's game design. There are two ways of hiding the notch. One is keeping it active for the status bar and notifications while telling apps that they are not allowed to use this area. The other one is to simple restrict everything from using this area. On 5z, you only have the first option and games like PUBG, doesn't respect that the notch is hidden. And adding the second option is considered as a feature and we're no longer adding features for this phone so... sorry 😞
Looks like the best way to play PUGB is to use fullscreen and change the in game UI so the notch doesn't interfere with the game.
Thanks!😊

shahrukhafridi9
Star III
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/37319/hide-notch-option-is-not-working-properly-for-games-lik...

They say it's game design. There are two ways of hiding the notch. One is keeping it active for the status bar and notifications while telling apps that they are not allowed to use this area. The other one is to simple restrict everything from using this area. On 5z, you only have the first option and games like PUBG, doesn't respect that the notch is hidden. And adding the second option is considered as a feature and we're no longer adding features for this phone so... sorry 😞

Looks like the best way to play PUGB is to use fullscreen and change the in game UI so the notch doesn't interfere with the game.

Thanks!😊

View post
@amitgarde3
But it use to hide notch earlier
And another thing I am not asking to add another new feature
I am Just asking give back old one that use to hide notch

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
shahrukhafridi996

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/125503#Comment_125503

@amitgarde3

But it use to hide notch earlier

And another thing I am not asking to add another new feature

I am Just asking give back old one that use to hide notch

View post
Did you use to hide notch in A10 ?
Coz as m sure this cannot be done as its " game design"
And yes in A9 pie it was possible because game has not adopted that design during that time so hide notch option use to force pubg to hide it, but after few updates from pubg unfortunately its there new desicion to avoid notch existance and provide full screen experince to its users so nothing can be done here
So sorry 😞

corazzamtt
Star I
...we're no longer adding features for this phone...
Does this mean that it is not true that asus is still evaluating if providing android 11 to zenfone 5z?
Thanks,

shahrukhafridi9
Star III
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/37319/hide-notch-option-is-not-working-properly-for-games-lik...

Thanks!😊

View post
To be honest I just wasted my time
And hats off to the BRAIN LESS DEVELOPER'S for providing this
Kind of use less software which does not satisfy users friendly
Experience ( I WONDER WHAT KIND OF DRUGS THEY WERE USEING WHILE PROVIDING THIS)🙏
#NEVEREVER AGAIN ASUS👎