cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Flickr at extreme low brightness

Kamesh
Star III
@Anders_ASUS 
The screen flickers at extreme low brightness on white background like Instagram DM and Gmail etc. When suddenly brightness is dropped from medium or high to extreme low the flickering can be seen on white baground this happens only for extreme low brightness and dark room.This is not a hardware problem because at medium to high this doesn't happens.
43 REPLIES 43

ColorSage
Zen Master I
ok, there are 4 people in this thread that are experiencing this issue and I will forward your findings and detailed problem description to see if we can find what is wrong. I could be that all four of you have faulty units because I still can't see this on my own device, even when charging. But lets see what we can find.
I couldn't see the issue before but after getting exact values I can tell that there is a slight backlight pulsing.

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
ColorSage said:
ok, there are 4 people in this thread that are experiencing this issue and I will forward your findings and detailed problem description to see if we can find what is wrong. I could be that all four of you have faulty units because I still can't see this on my own device, even when charging. But lets see what we can find.
I couldn't see the issue before but after getting exact values I can tell that there is a slight backlight pulsing.
Agreed. Me too. Very damn feeble. Tough to notice

Kamesh
Star III
@Anders_ASUS
 1st condition when charging at 27% brightness the display flickers but when value is changed from this its stop even when brightness is zero 
2nd condition without charging it doesn't Flickers at 27% but when brightness is reduced from midway toh
 zero it does.
I don't know it's a hardware or software please help someone can confirm what is this .

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
We will do our best to find out if this is a general issue and how we can fix it. I will try and use my device more in these conditions to see if I can trigger the flickering. Thanks for your detailed problem description. It's very helpful!

Kolorowezworki
Rising Star II
I faced a similar issue, but with normal brithness. After attempting to open some app, screen started flickering for a while before app turned on