This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO 1080p on Netflix/Amazon Prime Videos

paras0710
Rising Star II
Despite being L1 Widevine certified Phone Asus 6z does not support 1080p resolution on Netflix and Amazon Prime Videos. Netflix only support 720 HD and there is no way i can check Prime Videos max resolution but it certainly looks even poorer than 720 that may be because Amazon require Mircosoft Playready DRM instead Googles Widevine  which Asus 6z does not support.
 Please Asus fix this issue with Netflix by contacting them and ask them to certify your flagship phone by adding adding 1080p or even HDR support like One plus 7 phones. 
Aslo please check prime video issue. Please 
18 REPLIES 18

GamerArc
Rising Star II
Sreekiran said:
I don't think that is the issue. Prime plays in HD in a few of my friend's phones. Their executive lacks knowledge.
It worked in my poco.

shakti1615
Star I
paras0710 said:
Despite being L1 Widevine certified Phone Asus 6z does not support 1080p resolution on Netflix and Amazon Prime Videos. Netflix only support 720 HD and there is no way i can check Prime Videos max resolution but it certainly looks even poorer than 720 that may be because Amazon require Mircosoft Playready DRM instead Googles Widevine  which Asus 6z does not support.
 Please Asus fix this issue with Netflix by contacting them and ask them to certify your flagship phone by adding adding 1080p or even HDR support like One plus 7 phones. 
Aslo please check prime video issue. Please 
Same problem Asus please solve this problem ?

Alpha2303
Star III
I can confirm that Netflix "Test Patterns" video isn't crossing 1280x720 resolution. Sadly I'm not able to take screenshots on Netflix, turns fully black. This problem isn't there on Youtube so I'm not sure if its an issue with Netflix software or phone's software. Requesting the dev team to look into these issues and check if they can provide solutions in the future updates.

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
This is just disappointing. How could Asus screw this up? Hope this gets fixed

Kris_ASUS
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi @paras0710
Both Amazon Prime Video and NetFlix will adjust the resolution based on internet speed. Please try to install an app like "Internet Speed Meter" and check if your internet speed is fast enough.
For Amazon Prime Video, we can select the best quality in the setting menu, which means ZenFone 6 supports the best quality.
Image_ https___us.v-cdn.net_6031231_uploads_editor_r0_9lp7agj7ev79.jpg
With the internet speed meter, you can check the speed is fast enough to have the best quality.
Image_ https___us.v-cdn.net_6031231_uploads_editor_mh_37wvn09krgsr.jpg