Battery or AC: both
Model: UX431F.
Frequency of occurrence: almost every day
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hello everyone,
I want to understand if these problems are common to everyone that has my same laptop or are only mine; in that case I think I still have the buyer's warranty for hardware/software issues.
I've paid this laptop more than 1000 euros (the most expensive laptop I've ever bought) and I've never experienced so many daily issues, such as:
two BSOD
Problems with Realtek audio (sometimes the PC tells me tha I don't have any audio output)
AC problems: when I charge the PC it sounds like it's overheating but it's not (checked with temperature app), but the sound is still very annoying
Update issues: if i don't update DAILY drivers/software, something goes wrong
Screen issues: today my screen went black all of a sudden, for a couple of seconds soooo many times, both the whole screen or some parts.
I've experienced all these issues mainly because the PC wasn't updated DAILY updated. I have to do regular updates (both from windows update and manually driver update) EVERY SINGLE DAY, otherwise something won't work.
Just to do an example, 2 days ago i think the PC received a pretty big update (also the BIOS was updated) and today I've experienced this problem with the screen, to find that I needed other 3 updates (not notified by windows update, even though I have the notifications ON)
I don't think that it's normal that if I don't do an update at the moment something goes immediately wrong, I can expect these kind of problems if i don't update the pc since 2 months, but I use this PC daily, mainly for studying and working.
It is my problem or common problem for zenbook 14 users?
thanks in advance
8 REPLIES 8

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Maira,
May I have the error message of the BSOD ?
Have you ever installed your own OS?
I would suggest you to reset your laptop.
And after the reset, please do not install anything manually, only keep running Windows update,
it will required rebooting for a few times.
And then see how it works.
Thank you.

mariavictoriabu
Star II
I have only the mesage of the second BSOD: MSRPC_STATE_VIOLATION
No, I've always had windows 10, nothing else installed. Pretty basic use.

mariavictoriabu
Star II
Blake_ASUS

Hi Maira,

May I have the error message of the BSOD ?

Have you ever installed your own OS?

I would suggest you to reset your laptop.

And after the reset, please do not install anything manually, only keep running Windows update,

it will required rebooting for a few times.

And then see how it works.

Thank you.

View post
I was thinking about reset my PC but mantaining my personal files, in order to reinstall only windows 10.
Should i do like that or it is more convenient the hard reset that deletes all my files as well?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Maira,
I would say deleting your files would be better, but up to your decision.
Windows 10 - How to restore the system to factory default settings? | Official Support | ASUS USAThank you.