This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 3 Tencent Version

xMatsx
Star I
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this and sorry if this one has been posted before. I've been seeing alot tencent version of the ROG phone 3 Global ROM in various market places. Heck, even the official Asus store in Aliexpress is also selling them.
Can anyone of the mods here confirm if the PSA from ROG Phone 2 applies to ROG Phone 3 as well? TIA!

24 REPLIES 24

hectorfgd
Star I
Interesante

Hay personas que afirman fallas en la tencent de no funciona los gatillos de L1 y R1 o que al cargar se apaga

Asus estas fallas a que se deben

O son problemas de actualizacion ????????

View post
Yo tengo la versión de tencent y no he tenido ningún problema en absoluto, todo funciona perfecto hasta el momento, pero en lo que consiga una versión normal de asus lo vendo y compro el de 16 gb de ram

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
mohammed98221

I decided to buy a tencent version despite the downsides. The international version is twice the price of the tencent and I couldn't justify spending that much. I appreciate what the mods are saying but as long as you're fully aware of what you're buying then it's your choice. I know I won't get any support from Asus if something goes wrong but there are wonderful people here and elsewhere who are ready to help. I'm not advocating you buy the tencent version. That's a decision you need to make after doing your research.

View post
This is a very dangerous course you're taking. If you look at the Rog2 forums you can see how many phones had a problematic power delivery design making them restart and such, which could only be solved by replacing the entire logicboard with a superior one with beefed up power delivery, if something like this happens on the Rog3, you're on your own.

mohammed98221
Star III
nightmaster552

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/121266#Comment_121266

This is a very dangerous course you're taking. If you look at the Rog2 forums you can see how many phones had a problematic power delivery design making them restart and such, which could only be solved by replacing the entire logicboard with a superior one with beefed up power delivery, if something like this happens on the Rog3, you're on your own.

View post
I sold my Pixel 4xl and so I basically got the ROG 3 for about £150. The risk isn't as bad for me. Also, forums tend to be disproportionately full of negative comments and people posting about faults. So statistically these hardware faults are likely to be rarer than the forums might indicate. Anyway, I'm comfortable with no warranty but others will have to think hard about whether they can accept that level of risk.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
mohammed98221

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/125385#Comment_125385

I sold my Pixel 4xl and so I basically got the ROG 3 for about £150. The risk isn't as bad for me. Also, forums tend to be disproportionately full of negative comments and people posting about faults. So statistically these hardware faults are likely to be rarer than the forums might indicate. Anyway, I'm comfortable with no warranty but others will have to think hard about whether they can accept that level of risk.

View post
Well that's some positivity you'd need I guess. Sorry to burst your bubble but the rate of which the rog2 fails due to power delivery is very substational. I don't think that the rog3 has the same issue as ASUS probably learned from their Rog2 mistakes, that being said, IF something like this happens then good luck.
Not to mention that the tencent version is an inferior version as well (parts wise). The other sad part is, depending on your country you might not even be able to use 5G.
Also Pixel 4xl + 150GBP is basicially the price of the global 256GB version, so I'm not entirely sure what you're doing.

mohammed98221
Star III
nightmaster552

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/125412#Comment_125412

Well that's some positivity you'd need I guess. Sorry to burst your bubble but the rate of which the rog2 fails due to power delivery is very substational. I don't think that the rog3 has the same issue as ASUS probably learned from their Rog2 mistakes, that being said, IF something like this happens then good luck.

Not to mention that the tencent version is an inferior version as well (parts wise). The other sad part is, depending on your country you might not even be able to use 5G.

Also Pixel 4xl + 150GBP is basicially the price of the global 256GB version, so I'm not entirely sure what you're doing.

View post
Well I'm glad I don't have the ROG 2 then.
It's very touching to see your concern. Don't worry about bursting bubbles. There isn't one to burst and your attempts are feeble.
I checked the frequency bands before I bought it and it's doing just fine. I'm not likely to be doing a lot of traveling any time soon so the missing bands are not missed.
I don't know where you're getting your prices from but the few non tencent versions I saw being sold in the UK at that time were around 1000GBP. Maybe some have now gone down to around 800GBP. I bought mine for 500GBP.
Like I said I'm fairly happy with my purchase.