This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drainage problem after latest FOTA update with September security patch on Android 9

deb_kgp_love
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Max Pro M2
Firmware Version: PKQ1.WW_Phone-16.2017.2009.097-20200826
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence: All time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

5 REPLIES 5

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi , kindly let us know the firmware version of your device.  
when you say that your SOT (Screen on Time) has gone down, can you share the SOT after trying the below:
1. Charge the battery to 100% & use as per your normal usage pattern
2. When the battery strength reaches 10%, go to settings = Battery => Tap on the battery icon & share the graph
3. settings => Battery => Check the screen & share the same

Please follow below steps may improve battery backup:   
1. Close apps that are not used (Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, etc.)
2. Adjust sleep time and brightness (Settings > Display)
3. Boost memory when you see memory consumption is high with no app running,
4. check for background running applications, stop/disable unwanted apps, you can manage apps from auto-start manager. 
5. Check the following article for more information: https://www.asus.com/in/support/article/604/

Thukrikicha
Star I
Similar issue I am facing. Battery suddenly drains and phone switches off. When we restart the phone, again battery comes up to normal percent. When I see the battery graph, it would show sharp spikes whenever this occurs.
Whenever I approach Asus for help through Twitter or anything, they simply say these standard procedures to try safe mode, clear cache etc. and finally ask us to replace the battery.
But I definitely feel that there is some build issue in Android 9 regarding this which Asus developers has to fix. Because this issue started happening only after the Android 9 update.
This is really killing an otherwise good experience with Asus and making us to consider other manufacturers when buying next phones

jithinlal14_jl
Star II
deb.kgp.love

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Max Pro M2
  2. Firmware Version: PKQ1.WW_Phone-16.2017.2009.097-20200826
  3. Rooted or not: NO
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: All time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Battery drainage problem after latest FOTA update with September security patch on Android 9
Bro switch to a third party launcher..That fixed the september patch battery drain issue for me.. Trust me on this one

AJ1
Rising Star II
jithinlal14.jl

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/36619/battery-drainage-problem-after-latest-fota-update-with-...

Bro switch to a third party launcher..That fixed the september patch battery drain issue for me.. Trust me on this one

View post
Can u provide app name?