This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why build the phone just around Google?

Cenimm
Rising Star I
I want to know why you guys just building the phone around Google?! I almost don't use any off Googles apps and will understand why asus force me to use it.. Do like Samsung that's allow Google,, Samsung and Microsoft apps ( what I know maybe 3party works fine to. ) to work like standard apps without problems... What will happen if the EU law going in and Google apps is not allowed to be pre-installed on the phones.
https://www.androidauthority.com/eu-draft-law-uninstall-preinstalled-apps-1163382/
Maybe think 2 steps ahead and not 2 steps back.

19 REPLIES 19

realistix
Rising Star I
They will still have to support this phone for now. Can't you just download and use whatever apps you want at the moment? You could turn it into a microsoft only phone if you wanted as example.

Cenimm
Rising Star I
realistix

They will still have to support this phone for now. Can't you just download and use whatever apps you want at the moment?

View post
I can't backup the phone becuse I have onedrive.
I can't use use support page on the system settings page becuse I don't use Chrome.
The list continues.
Let everyone use what every app and use the phone on there way and not Google way.

Cenimm
Rising Star I
Cenimm

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/124959#Comment_124959

I can't backup the phone becuse I have onedrive.

I can't use use support page on the system settings page becuse I don't use Chrome.

The list continues.

Let everyone use what every app and use the phone on there way and not Google way.

View post
If Samsung releases the same spec that asus use in EU next gen and not only us I will change even if till cost 10k more.

realistix
Rising Star I
I don't see those issues. The operating system is google. I cant backup my apple mac to google. I cant backup to apple servers from google. There are work arounds, 3rd party backups etc. Have you used Huawei to understand what it's like to be locked in?

Cenimm
Rising Star I
realistix

I don't see those issues. The operating system is google. I cant backup my apple mac to google. I cant backup to apple servers from google. There are work arounds, 3rd party backups etc. Have you used Huawei to understand what it's like to be locked in?

View post
It's possible for asus to fix all that.
I don't know about Huawei but what I understand asus do the same and lock us to Google.