This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The problem of quiet sound in wired headphones and in the speaker of the smartphone itself.

pakalodnik88
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ZB602KL
Firmware Version:087
Rooted or not:NOT
Frequency of Occurrence:Regularly
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
The problem appeared after updating the firmware to 087.I listen to music and movies through the browser in wired headphones so as not to distract others.After updating, I found that the sound in the headphones is very quiet at the maximum volume level.I decided that the problem is in the file itself downloaded it and decided to check it in vlc media player but the sound remained quiet.In the player settings, I changed the audio output parameters from AUDIO TRACK to OpenSL ES and the sound became louder as it should be.But in the browser, the sound was still quiet.I already reset the settings to factory settings, but the problem remains.
Please help who knows how to solve this problem.Waiting for a new firmware for a long time is not the fact that my problem will be fixed and Android 10 still has a lot of errors.
14 REPLIES 14

pakalodnik88
Star III
Yachendra

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/36647/the-problem-of-quiet-sound-in-wired-headphones-and-in-t...

As per my knowledge, listening through browser will not affiliated with device audio setting like equilizers unless they(website provides) have internal settings.

There will be lot difference while listening music in apps and browsers.

View post
Of course, I'm not very good at terminology, but I didn't say anything about the equalizer. I said about the audio output. There are problems with quiet sound in the system audio output. Does the browser use standard system audio output? Vlc media player also uses standard audio output but you can change it there unlike the browser am I right?

pakalodnik88
Star III
Dear technical support, admins please tell the developers my problem and not only mine here many have encountered this and this is a quiet sound in wired headphones, a quiet sound in the speaker when calling, a quiet sound in the smartphone speaker itself. I don't have enough nerves already.
And please do not write me standard solutions such as clear the cache, go to safe mode, reset to factory settings, all this I have already done. And of course your catchphrase contact the service center, this is already a mockery! This is clearly a software problem! And this issue should be addressed by developers! This problem occurred after the last firmware update, before that everything was fine!
I hope you will pass on my words to the developers. My patience is at an end, is this a stable android? Or is it a piece of shit? We'll see in the next update, hopefully soon!

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi pakalodnik88
Thank you for your asking. Sorry for the belated reply due to our national holiday from 1st Oct to 11th Oct. I just tested the sound performance with ASUS cable earphones in Android 9 V087, and I didn't encounter the same issue.
Device in volume 20% with ASUS cable earphones playing the same music clip:
GooglePlayMusic = Youtube in Chrome (slightly louder than)> Youtube app

Kindly try to change another earphones or elaborate your issue more. Which app do you encounter the issue? Or can you provide me any video for further checking?

pakalodnik88
Star III
Christine_ASUS

Hi pakalodnik88

Thank you for your asking. Sorry for the belated reply due to our national holiday from 1st Oct to 11th Oct. I just tested the sound performance with ASUS cable earphones in Android 9 V087, and I didn't encounter the same issue.

Device in volume 20% with ASUS cable earphones playing the same music clip:

GooglePlayMusic = Youtube in Chrome (slightly louder than)> Youtube app

Kindly try to change another earphones or elaborate your issue more. Which app do you encounter the issue? Or can you provide me any video for further checking?

View post
Hello. It's not about sound quality, it's about volume. I have two pairs of headphones I will not call the manufacturer's company at all the same. I don't listen to movies or music in apps, everything is in the browser. On all sites where I listen to music and watch movies, a quiet sound at maximum volume, as if it reaches 60%, is not added further. This has never happened before. An exception is the site soundcloud.com the sound is loud. To the above I wrote I tried to download the song and listen to it in vlc media player it was also not loud, I changed the audio output from AUDIO TRACK to OpenSL ES in the player settings and the sound became louder.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi pakalodnik88
Thank you for your reply. Yes, what I mentioned above is the VOLUME of Android 9 V087. I'm listening the music on Chrome with the earphones in 20% Volume, and the sound is very loud to me.
A. Which browser are you facing the issue?
B. Does the issue appear in speaker? Or does the issue only appear via earphones?
C. Please try the following steps to access recovery mode for the Factory Reset:
0. Try to back up your data with USB cable. If you can not access the phone, please check if your google account or microSD card have auto backup your data. 
1. Power off the phone, then keep pressing "volume down key"
2. Press "power key" and stop press " power key" once you feel the vibration. Still keep pressing "volume down key"
3. Stop press "volume down key" once you enter [Android Recovery] Screen
4. Choose "Wipe data/factory reset">"Factory data reset"
5. "Reboot system now"
#Hardware Reset Guide
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1006346/
Please note that once the steps are completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.
D. There may have the possibility that your firmware did not flash completely. To try the stay-at-home troubleshooting, please prepare a SDcard and try to flash the device to A10 beta then flash back to A9.
https://www.asus.com/supportonly/ZenFone%20Max%20Pro(M1)(ZB602KL)/HelpDesk_BIOS/
WW-17.2017.2008.432(2020/09/23)>MaxProM1_downgrade_to_9(2020/04/24)>WW-16.2017.2009.087(2020/09/11)
#Android 10 to Android 9 Guide 
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1042349
#Update Guide
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1009748/