This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[5Z] Minor and major battery issues!

Alice_Renaut
Star III
The low battery warning option, in the settings, says it will warn the user in 15% and 5%, but warns in 14% and 4%.
The % indicator does not follow in real time, when it is at 12% in an activity for 10 minutes, it goes down to 11%, but from 11% to 10% it does not last 30 seconds. (Numbers given as an example, do not indicate percentage or time accuracy).
Sometimes, I put it to charge with 10%, it jumped to 12%, rising to 13%, immediately when connecting.
The first 10% of battery, after a 100% charge, does not last even the time of the last 3%.
There is a considerable battery drain after the Android 10. (Not shown on Android 9.)
77 REPLIES 77

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
10/16 update:
I just tested the battery usage (1) from 100% to 90% and (2) from 3% to 0% this morning with max brightness+youtube video loud volume playing, which are set to drain the battery faster.
1. 100% - 94%: 25 min
2. 100% - 90%: 45 min
3. 3% - 0%: 25 min
I will check with the relevant team weather the performance above is a normal behavior or not. To my knowledge, sometimes prolonging the battery usage on low battery percentage is a special UX design because some people neglect to charge their phones till the last minute.

Abhinav
Zen Master I
Those who are facing heavy drain do these steps -
1. Disable all apps auto restart. (From Mobile Manger)
2. Use Super Clean Mode and check apps which you need to super clean (this'll force stop the apps and will disable notification). Personally I don't care about notification. 🤣
3. Restrict apps background usage. This has to be done per app basis.
4. Don't use your phone with Full Brightness and don't use Auto Brightness sensor and Auto Colour Temperature. (You can too disable all sensors)
5. Uninstall Facebook and Messenger app these two apps are one of the biggest culprit. Don't use heavy apps use lite apps.
6. Don't listen music in Full sound with Stereo Speakers Or watch In full brightness. (Remember YouTube will eat battery charge because it's an online service).
7. Time to time clear the app caches (same can be done from Mobile Manager). Do clear unnecessary files from your phone's Storage too.
8. Uncheck all the unnecessary permission especially "usage Access permission". Don't use 3rd party apps which are made to run all the time. Keep that stop too. (You have to manage these apps yourself).
9. Don't keep the phone in low coverage area. If the network strength is > -120dbm then keep the network to flight mode possibly.
10. Don't let the phone get warm or hot. Use it wisely. Don't let the battery go low more than 15% and if possible don't over charge it. Use schedule charging if your want to charge the phone overnight. (Ask @sidarya31 how to use Schedule Charging properly and how awesome this feature is).
And last but not the least Decrease Your Phone Usage. Let the phone rest a bit more. 😜😜
"IF YOUR PHONE'S BATTERY GOT OLD THEN IT'S TIME TO VISIT SERVICE CENTRE AND GET IT REPLACED", your phone's battery ions died RIP.
I know I Know Last one is too much asking for you. But do it. 😒 no pun intended. 😝
Please add more steps (if someone want) to save the battery charge and help others. 😄
@amitgarde3 @aamod.v8 @sidarya31 @BrunoF20
@ander0727 @CH_ASUS

sidarya31
Rising Star II
Abhinav

2. Use Super Clean Mode and check apps which you need to super clean (this'll force stop the apps and will disable notification). Personally I don't care about notification. 🤣

4. Don't use your phone with Full Brightness and don't use Auto Brightness sensor and Auto Colour Temperature. (You can too disable all sensors)

5. Uninstall Facebook and Messenger app these two apps are one of the biggest culprit. Don't use heavy apps use lite apps.

6. Don't listen music in Full sound with Stereo Speakers Or watch In full brightness. (Remember YouTube will eat battery charge because it's an online service).

7. Time to time clear the app caches (same can be done from Mobile Manager). Do clear unnecessary files from your phone's Storage too.

8. Uncheck all the unnecessary permission especially "usage Access permission". Don't use 3rd party apps which are made to run all the time. Keep that stop too. (You have to manage these apps yourself).

9. Don't keep the phone in low coverage area. If the network strength is > -120dbm then keep the network to flight mode possibly.

10. Don't let the phone get warm or hot. Use it wisely. Don't let the battery go low more than 15% and if possible don't over charge it. Use schedule charging if your want to charge the phone overnight. (Ask @sidarya31 how to use Schedule Charging properly and how awesome this feature is).

And last but not the least Decrease Your Phone Usage. Let the phone rest a bit more. 😜😜

"IF YOUR PHONE'S BATTERY GOT OLD THEN IT'S TIME TO VISIT SERVICE CENTRE AND GET IT REPLACED", your phone's battery ions died RIP.

I know I Know Last one is too much asking for you. But do it. 😒 no pun intended. 😝

Please add more steps (if someone want) to save the battery charge and help others. 😄

@ander0727 @CH_ASUS

View post
I always recommend all to use Schedule charging overnight, specifically for those who r facing huge battery drainage, it really save battery from degradation. This feature is the best of best till date. I'll look forward for this feature on my future phone.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
++ Settings>Battery>PowerMaster>Battery Mode>Switch by schedule

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Abhinav

@ander0727 @CH_ASUS

View post
Indirectly you are saying dont use any of the features 5z has 🙄😅.....!! Except schedule charging 🤪
Limiting daily usage of some capable hardware for users is not solution here ! I feel battery optimisations with flagship hardware is all required and should be necessarily done 😁

sidarya31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/124826#Comment_124826

I always recommend all to use Schedule charging overnight, specifically for those who r facing huge battery drainage, it really save battery from degradation. This feature is the best of best till date. I'll look forward for this feature on my future phone.

View post
Yes this is useful feature though but i expect battery charge limit should be added to 5z with Zenui 7 which will boost up some battery life for 5z 😉 @Christine_ASUS

Thanks!