This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain issue

Vishaal
Star II

I don't know if any of my dear friends are still facing the issue of battery drain and battery bulging out. I have been facing it from yesterday. (Just the battery drain not the bulge yet) and it will be surprising for everyone of you to know that asus just rolled out the FOTA update for android pie on my zenfome max pro m1. I got it on 13th October, 2020. I was aware that my phone was not getting the update but I never really happened to focus on it much because it was working fine even on Oreo. But after updating it last day , I saw the battery drain issue and I guess I'll even get the sweet little bulge as if the battery is trying to breathe in . I have no clue as to what I should do now. It is my one and only primary phone and I can't afford another phone soon. Need some help please.
7 REPLIES 7

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi, kindly help us with the following information to find a solution to your query.
1 . Firmware version your device is on.
2 . When you say that your SOT (Screen on Time) has gone down, can you share the SOT after trying the below:
i. Charge the battery to 100% & use as per your normal usage pattern
ii. When the battery strength reaches 10%, go to settings = Battery => Tap on the battery icon & share the graph
iii. settings => Battery => Check the screen & share the same

Please follow below steps may improve battery backup:      
1. Close apps that are not used (Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, etc.)
2. Adjust sleep time and brightness (Settings > Display)
3. Boost memory when you see memory consumption is high with no app running,
4. check for background running applications, stop/disable unwanted apps, you can manage apps from auto-start manager. 
5. Check the following article for more information: https://www.asus.com/in/support/article/604/

Vishaal
Star II
Tried everything that you have said but nonchanges the battery drain is super fast and it is taking me 5 whole hours to charge my phone

victor010
Zen Master III
Vishaal

Tried everything that you have said but nonchanges the battery drain is super fast and it is taking me 5 whole hours to charge my phone

View post
Hi, we suggest you to please visit the nearest ASUS service center for better assistance. Locate here : https://www.asus.com/in/support/Service-Center/India