This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaylink graphics is running notifi: Rog 2 screen freezes and/or overheats then switches off

teddy4kibosh
Star I
Basic information:
Model Name: ROG_PhoneII
Firmware Version: WW-17.0240.2007.27
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Very frequent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Almost everyday my phone heats up randomly and especially while I'm playing games and then switches off. Sometimes it doesn't heat up but just goes off. When I switch it on "Displaylink graphics is running" notification appears.

Even after switching on it keeps going off several more times before finally working again. I think it has something to do with CPU usage because CPU goes to 100% at times while playing games like PUBG.
I already did factory reset but auto-updated to latest OS version. Pls tell how to stay in A9 version
Also how to fix this goddamn switching off problem.
I was so proud of my Asus phone. Now I feel so sad and ashamed that I have this shady gaming phone. I will think twice about buying Asus products in the future.
Update: it's not cpu issue. Cpu usage was at 35%. Now I will keep an eye out for the GPU usage as @eugeneus.genius suggested. Already I'm using GPU on lowest settings. What about this "Displaylinks graphics is running" notification after it switches on.
screenshot-20201003-162827652.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

ZTr00p3r
Star II
ARP_ASUS

Hey teddy4kibosh,

Can you update on the latest software version which is .49

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/36753/200925-rog-phone-ii-zs660kl-ww-17-0240-2009-49

View post
I'm having this issue where the phone freezes and then shutsdown while charging or a bit after charging. And I can't do any update because I have WW firmware but the fingerprint is CH, is there anyway to fix this?

Not applicable
eugeneus.genius

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/37121/displaylink-graphics-is-running-notifi-rog-2-screen-fre...

also bear in mind i just updated to A10 and see if the issue persist. and so far my testing has been quite consistent: screen blackout on GPU usage more than 70%. This could be a kernel issue which may have some correlations with the device GPU. Mods may have to advice us on this issue. Though their general concensus is for us to "send the device to sc" which is quite irresponsible considering this only happens AFTER UPGRADING to A10.

View post
Thats right. I also have same issue on A10 thats why i am FORCED to use A9 since my device warranty is not over and cannot do anything except calling out A10 is the shittiest firmware of all time for asus rog