Did you mean: 

Laptop Screen Stuck on Power Saving Mode

System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Asus VivoBook A442U
Frequency of occurrence: Often
========================
Detailed description:
I set my laptop screen to turn off / sleep if I leave it for 15 minutes. Normally, it would turn on again if there is mouse / touchpad / keyboard activity, but my laptop's screen is stuck on power saving mode. Every time I try to press any keys on keyboard, or touch the touchpad and even move the mouse, the screen will try to turn on but it's black (I know this since it looks like backlit). There's no problem with the screen at all, no blinking, no weird latencies. It's working as how it has to.
2 REPLIES 2

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Brain,
When did this issue start to happen?
May I have a screenshot of your sleep and hibernate settings?
Also, when you put the device to sleep, you close the lid or just lock the screen and let it sleep itself?
Thank you.

It started to happen around 1-2 weeks ago.
When I put my device to sleep, I never close the lid. Since I don't lock my laptop, I usually leave it until the screen enters power saving or I just put it to sleep without closing the lid (if I need to leave my laptop suddenly). Also, I tried troubleshooting for power and it says that the time before my screen goes to sleep is too long, I set it to be long enough so it won't stuck in power saving mode while I do something else.
For additional information, sometimes I also can't turn on my laptop using battery only (Battery is in a very good condition since it can last 4 hours) and after shutting down, the fan won't stop. It's like putting my laptop on power saving mode only.
Thank you
screenshot-28591-29.png
screenshot-28592-29.png
screenshot-28593-29.png