This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can eSIM support be enabled via software update?

Jericho246
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
Firmware Version: WW_29.13.7.24
Rooted or not: No.
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

Read some time ago that the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 didn't have eSIM support out of the box, but they enabled it via software update. Would this be possible with the Zenfone 7 Pro? Like a dummy I automatically assumed that the ZF7Pro supported it, because it's one of the latest phones, but of course, it doesn't. Thankfully I still haven't activated the eSIM, but the "migration" from normal SIM still cost me 10€ so I'm kinda frustrated. I understand this is completely my fault, but I'd like to know if there's a possibility that eSIM support can be activated via an update. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
Jericho246

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
  2. Firmware Version: WW_29.13.7.24
  3. Rooted or not: No.
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Read some time ago that the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 didn't have eSIM support out of the box, but they enabled it via software update. Would this be possible with the Zenfone 7 Pro? Like a dummy I automatically assumed that the ZF7Pro supported it, because it's one of the latest phones, but of course, it doesn't. Thankfully I still haven't activated the eSIM, but the "migration" from normal SIM still cost me 10€ so I'm kinda frustrated. I understand this is completely my fault, but I'd like to know if there's a possibility that eSIM support can be activated via an update. Thanks.

Can eSIM support be enabled via software update?
Esim needs a specific chip inside the device in order to work and galaxy fold already had that chip inside it . Asus did not put the chip in asus zenfone 7/7 pro because it already has two sim card slot and a dedicated sd card slot

Jericho246
Star I
veeharish2005

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/37660/can-esim-support-be-enabled-via-software-update

Esim needs a specific chip inside the device in order to work and galaxy fold already had that chip inside it . Asus did not put the chip in asus zenfone 7/7 pro because it already has two sim card slot and a dedicated sd card slot

View post
I see. Thanks for the reply.

olivierhaas69
Star III
Twi sims slots is good enough, anyway